yeay, i'm not alone..

yeay, i'm not alone..

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

yeay, i'm not alone..

Postby soey » 19 Jun 2014, 08:37

Hi there..
I just want to start by saying, i'm so sorry for all of you who struggle with anal fissure(s). With that being said, i'm kinda thankful for not being alone with this (shitty) problem. I was diagnosed about 4 months ago, but i've had the problem now and then for the past 8 years, I'm now 26..(and a half!!..) But(t) not NEARLY as bad as the past few months. The pain has been.. well.. it can't be described.. I bet you a million dollars that the song 'ring of fire' by johnny cash, is written because of the pain of an anal fissure. just sayin' -_-
However, the pain is not as bad now, the bleeding stopped about 8 weeks ago, I was even *almost* painfree for a few days, but then it started again.. i think it's because I have problems with myyy.. poo's :p I have IBS, and several months of lots'n lots of fiber, stool softener, magnesium and so on has made my tummy very angry at me :oops: but i'm still not bleeding, so i just don't GET IT, WHY is it starting to hurt more and more again? I'm having botox in 9 weeks if i'm not completely fine by then. But i have to say, i've struggled with depression/anxiety for many may years, and i thought that was the worst possible thing you could struggle with.. I WAS WRONG. The pain in my a** doesnt exactly help me through my depression either.. it makes it much much worse. And the only thing i'm scared of now, is getting the extreme pain i had a couple of months ago. It hurts now too, but not that bad. Oh, i must sound so pessimstic :o If I do, thats simply because I am. :p
Anyway, since I believe that NOBODY deserves an anal fissure, i'll share the one tip that most of you probobly havent tried yet(thats because you have to pay some superduperfancydoctor alot of money to get the tip). This is probobly the MAIN reason why my fissure started to heal; when you go for a BM, sit up straight and hold your fingers right behind your anus, and PRESS WITH YOUR FINGERS. This will make the stool take a different 'turn', and it won't irritate the fissure as much. Doctors don't know this tip for some strange reason.. all they say is 'oh, it's just a fissure, nothing life-threatening.'.. i'm putting my trust in the fact that karma will come and bite them in the ass, if ya'll know what i mean..

Sorry for any typing errors, i'm from norway, and i don't know if my english sucks as much as i think it does :roll:
Last, but not least; when this is over, i'm gonna go and finish my full-sleeve tattoo with 'anal-fissure-survivor' on my hand! Nobody believe me, but I - a 26 year old girl, will wear it with PRIDE :p
And thank you for reading my post :thanx:
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 18

Re: yeay, i'm not alone..

Postby mmklinemm » 19 Jun 2014, 09:21

Welcome! My CRS didn't even tell me that much. He just confirmed I had a fissure, prescribed medicine, and told me to come back if I don't feel better in a few weeks. There is so much info and support here on the forum. Hopefully you'll find more tips to help you feel better. :)
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby Jbl22424 » 19 Jun 2014, 09:34

We call that the finger support trick here on the forum. I think it helps, too! Your English is really good. Sorry you are suffering.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Apes » 19 Jun 2014, 16:49

Finger support++++++
I responded to your email. Take good care and keep posting as to how you are doing. This forum will help you get through this.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby alberto » 19 Jun 2014, 18:34

Interesting trick with the finger. I completely relate - for me it got to the point where I dreaded each visit to the toilet and the pain is truly beyond description. The thing that worked best for me was a great diet and lots of soothing hot baths. Good luck to you.
alberto

Topics: 1

Postby soey » 20 Jun 2014, 00:04

Apes: thank you so much for taking the time to respond to my email!
And thanks to all of you, it really makes me feel better knowing that i'm not alone. God bless the person who created this forum :) I'm getting botox in 9 weeks(maybe sooner), the biggest problem now is what this does to me mentally.. the fear is worse than the actual pain now. jesus, i have nightmares about eating things that i know makes my stools hard :P
And it feels like i'm having a heartattack when i turn around to look if theres blood in the toilet after a BM.. Every time i take a bite of some food, my mind goes 'oh no, this has to come out at some point'.. I'ts controlling my whole life :(
I will keep praying for better days, for me and ALL of you out there who struggle!
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Jun 2014, 09:05

Hi Soey,
I'm really sorry you're suffering. I can totally relate to the fear, as I'm sure everyone on here can. I don't want to eat today because I'm in pain and the dreaded BM tomorrow. Please get the Botox as soon as you can, as the more chronic it becomes it will be harder to heal. I have IBS too, which doesn't help.... I have totally overhauled my diet by following the FODMAP plan and my IBS is under control. I did it through a dietician, maybe you could look into it?
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby soey » 20 Jun 2014, 12:46

Hi Rachael 1984,
Thank you, your words mean more than you can imagine. I'm getting botox in two weeks, because i'm tired of living my life like this. I will definitely talk to a dietician when my fissure is getting better, but for now i just have to focus on one thing at a time.
I remember when i first got my fissure, i stopped eating. When i tried eating, i would throw it up because i kept thinking 'oh my god, this has to come out tomorrow'. So the fear got(and still is) even worse thn the pain. I remember waking up in the middle of the night, praying not to wake up after falling back to sleep.. thats how bad it was.

However, your body needs nutrition to heal the fissure. Not eating is a bad idea. I've lost alot of weight, my BMI is way below normal.. (i had a normal body weight before i got the fissure). I ended up at the hospital, because i kept going into some kind of 'shock' and passing out, due to the fact that i wasnt eating and had to deal with the pain with absolutely no energy.
I got sent home the next day.. they basically told me that hospitals were for people with more 'serious' injuries, and that i would just have to start eat and poop like everybody else, and it would heal itself.
I got into a deep depression after this, because i felt completely alone. The health care system in norway is beyond terrible when it comes to stuff like this.
soey
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 20 Jun 2014, 15:09

Hi soey,
It sounds like your story is so similar to mine.... I went down to seven stone and my BMI was below what it should have been. I just was so scared to eat I was eating smaller portions and nothing substantial, which as you say, wasn't good. I have put weight back on, but can't get back to my previous weight... As the FODMAP is clean and healthy, it's hard. Because I can't kill the monster fissures for good, I'm still living in fear of the next re-tear..... Which happened today. I just feel like giving up. I was on Antidepressants too last year which really helped me out of the black hole. Things are better than before my Botox, but I still can't fully heal. One day maybe. Good luck with the Botox, keep us posted. Xxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Apes » 20 Jun 2014, 15:38

Soey, so here is my recommendation for Botox and I would talk to the doctor before hand. From my research the important thing is that the doctor gives you a large dose of Botox. Botox is measured in units, I got 30 units on each side of the fissure and 16 units directly in the fissure. Also, I would make sure it's injected in the internal sphincter not just on the outside. I was put under general anesthesia. Studies show that this combination leads to higher success.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17