Hopefully Healing

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby Ringof Fire » 10 Jul 2014, 03:43

Hello All, I just spent about an hour writing my first post and I've lost the lot!! Arrgh!! Luckily I'm laughing...

I am going to write a really short bit now and try again later...I was mostly wanting to list the latest things that I have been doing as I have finally had 5 amazingly good days in a row after about 4 1/2 months of suffering with this blasted fissure.

For 3 1/2 weeks I have been using Manuka Honey 20+ mainly externally, but internally is comfortable to do so

For the last 1 1/2 weeks I have:

5 min baths after BM with fresh sprig of Rosemary which is a muscle relaxant (I can't have longer baths as it causes me skin problems which in turn causes pain!)
2 cups of Chamomile tea each day (general relaxant and muscle relaxant - but shouldn't be used alongside blood thinners or meds such as Ibuprofen, please check before using)
2 cups of lemon and ginger tea each day with a small amount of raw chopped ginger (good for blood flow but I believe not suitable if you are on blood thinners)
1/4 of garlic each day (good for blood flow but I believe not suitable if you are on blood thinners)
10-20min walk each day

xx
Ringof Fire

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie

Postby Ringof Fire » 10 Jul 2014, 06:58

...back to write a bit more...mainly I want to say thank you to everyone who has posted on this forum. I was about 2 1/2 months into the fissure when I happened upon it and the information made everything a lot clearer. I saw a very sympathetic doctor but it's only from reading this that I have got most of my information. I feel for everyone on here, the pain is beyond words and I have had some extremely low points as I am sure most of you have also had. I tried about 2 months on the Rectogesic before switching to the above. It's really only in the last few days that I have been feeling positive, I have a doctors appointment for Monday and I was expecting to have to go down the botox/LIS route but I'm more hopeful now that I won't have to. Wishing you all a speedy recovery :)
Ringof Fire

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie

Postby Alyssa » 10 Jul 2014, 17:01

Ring of fire,

I'm happy to hear that you are doing better! I too am thankful to all the veteran's that come back on here to offer others advice. I am very appreciative of this forum because I have received more useful advice from here than from doctors.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26