In pain after plug surgery

4th surgery and still in pain

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

In pain after plug surgery

Postby Shellyeast » 13 Jul 2014, 14:38

Hi,

I'm new here, I've been desperately looking for information online about how you should feel after a plug surgery on a high anal fistula. I had my 4th surgery 2 weeks ago but this is the first time I've had a plug. Prior to this surgery I had a seton in place for around 6 months.

I fear that this surgery hasn't worked as I passed some stitches after around 4 days after the surgery and the throbbing pain is getting worse. Has anyone else had this surgery and how did they feel afterwards? Is it normal to throb and for stitches to come out? I'm so embarrassed and fed up of this now, I feel like it will never go away. 3 years of pain and 4 surgeries later and I'm no better off.

Any help/advice would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks Michelle x
Shellyeast

Topics: 1

Re: In pain after plug surgery

Postby Savaici » 13 Jul 2014, 16:44

:wel: to the forum, and I am so sorry that you are in such pain. I did a search on here and could find no information from others, but nonetheless, there may be someone who might come in with some suggestions.

In the meanwhile, I too did a search on google, under "anal fistula plug recovery" and came up with one link that might be of some use to you.

http://www.goremedical.com/resources/da ... 10-EN3.pdf

Have you spoken to your surgeon about your pain, and the fact that it's increasing?
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: In pain after plug surgery

Postby Savaici » 13 Jul 2014, 16:56

Also, here are some links on the forum that I found with a search. Let me know if you can't access them and I will post the relevant ones for you.

search.php?keywords=Fistula+plug&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=msgonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
:smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222