Botox XXX 3!!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Botox XXX 3!!!!

Postby Guest » 30 Jan 2008, 18:23

Hello,
Yes it is true I am going in for a third shot, BUT it is an elective shot. I am still having some pain with a BM and a spasm here and there. By no means am I upset about this. I want this to help seal the deal and fully heal this AF. I am trying to get my life back in order this year. I don't want this AF bothering me by the summer. I have missed out on so much already. I am still very careful on what I eat and when I introduce new things I have a small portion. My BMs are soft but very formed, they have been like that for weeks. Sometimes my butt can take it and sometimes I have to get right in the tub for about 20 mins. The pain only lasts a little while then it is gone for the rest of the day. My CRS said I could have as may shots as I want, but I think 3 will be the magic number. I just wanted to let you guys know this. I am sorry I have not been on much latley. I have been looking for a part-time job along with my full time job and have an interview Sunday so wish me luck.
Take care
Patty

Re: Botox XXX 3!!!!

Postby val » 31 Jan 2008, 09:28

Good luck with your interview, Patty! And good luck with the botox-lets hope its third time lucky!
val
King Fissure

Topics: 86

Postby Guest » 31 Jan 2008, 10:40

I can understand why you would want an extra shot of botox just for insurance that you healing stays nice and steady. I am so glad you are feeling enough better that you want to get a second job. Hopefully you get some cool discounts. Sometimes I think I should get a job at Gymboree (it's a kids clothing shop) but I would spend all my paycheck there.

Let us know how it goes!!!

Postby juney » 31 Jan 2008, 11:13

3rd time's gotta be a charm! the pain is already less and not lasting as long, so i'm sure one more botox shot will help you heal 100%. good luck!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby juney » 31 Jan 2008, 11:13

3rd time's gotta be a charm! the pain is already less and not lasting as long, so i'm sure one more botox shot will help you heal 100%. good luck!
juney
King Fissure

Topics: 36

Postby buttgirl » 31 Jan 2008, 14:01

good luck with both!!
buttgirl
King Fissure

Topics: 67

Postby Deleted User 5 » 31 Jan 2008, 18:15

Yes, Patty! I hope the third round seals your fissure's fate for good! I agree with you, get your life back! That is the greatest reward of not having to deal with Bob everyday!
Deleted User 5

Postby Guest » 31 Jan 2008, 19:50

Thanks everyone!
I get better with each shot so I am going to go for a third yippie..... I am still hesitant about LIS. . If anyone has any questions let me know. This procedure is a piece of cake. I know I am put out for it but there are no after affects as far as the next BM. I am not as brave as buttgirl to get it done in the office. My CRS told me the insurance will not cover it in the office anyways. So back to the OR I go.
Patty

Postby Guest » 31 Jan 2008, 21:40

Can I ask, how long after a shot do you start to notice any real changes? I got my first shot on december 26th 2007 and by Jan 26th I was still having severe pain. Although, the pain was more like a burning than a spasm so maybe that was a sign that the botox was working its magic. Either way I couldn't wait any longer and opted for sugery, fissurectomy with botox injections. Today is day four post op :) Hope the third times a charm!

Postby Guest » 01 Feb 2008, 17:38

Hello,
I noticed the Botox started working within a week the second time. When it works you can tell a difference. My CRS said I could have as many shots as I want. So we will see. I hope you are feeling better and I hope the surgery Botox combo is the answer for you.
Take care
Patty