Bleeding Post LIS - 2.5weeks out

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Bleeding Post LIS - 2.5weeks out

Postby Beamer23 » 29 Jul 2014, 19:49

Hi guys,

I'm currently 18 days post fissurectomy. So far have been feeling great the last week or so, with no real noticeable pain at all. I haven't had much bleeding throughout the recovery process, just really light drainage every now and then.

I thought since I had been feeling so good that I could help my parents move out of their house... I was lifting boxes and walking around with them and felt fine. However, I might have pushed myself too far because I went to the bathroom and I saw bright red blood. And there was a lot of it. Since I haven't had much blood in my recovery thus far, this freaked me out!

Anyone else having random bleeding this far out in recovery? I am worried, but the bleeding only lasted a few moments, and I have felt fine ever since. I wasn't in any pain, and wouldn't have even known I was bleeding if I hadn't gone to the bathroom.

Any advice helps.

Thanks!
Beamer23
Fibre Addict

Topics: 5

Re: Bleeding Post LIS - 2.5weeks out

Postby Jbl22424 » 29 Jul 2014, 23:19

I read something very similar from another LISer. As long as you feel fine, I'm sure it's ok.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9