Big mistake: Extra Chunky Peanut Butter and/corn chips

Even with Colace, major spasms when standing or walking

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Big mistake: Extra Chunky Peanut Butter and/corn chips

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 02 Aug 2014, 11:17

Ok. i may try to keep a diary especially so i can track duration and intensity of spasms with foods and activity. Thanks for that suggestion. I was able to doze off for 20 minutes and the spasms are gone after 3 hours while lying down the whole time. Food and water really seems to calm everything down. The spasms were so great even with my wife massaging my legs and with me breathing.

It may be that i endured this same thing before but while commuting 45 minutes to work every morning about 4 months ago. i definitely remember the pain and i cried most of the way. I think someone somewhere should be making medals for all of us because what we have been through. One thing i remember along the way was that as days progressed I learned that passing gas relieved the spasm. almost like a sensory reaction to something passing through the internal sphincter. at that point i was able to control the spasm for longer periods. eventually, the pain wpuld he minimal. walking helped a lot to increase blood flow to the area.

Believe it or not Anusol HC suppositories were a treat. They contain an anesthetic which numbed the pain for most of the day. However, i dont know if it is a good idea to insert a steroid near the wound as it might affect the long term strength/density of the healed skin.

My wife swears by her Indian remedies and is usually right so i took half a cup of organic mik, tumeric powder and ghee this morning. It's something people in India would take twice a day for healing internal injuries.

I have to be positive and strong. I know I will get through this.
Deleted User 3641

Postby Apes » 02 Aug 2014, 12:14

Ah Ghee, my wife also introduced it to me. I use it everyday, either in cooking or on toast. After botox i found that passing gas or having a BM made feel a little a better. I think getting things out takes pressure off and provides relief. When i was going through the dark days of the fissure, sometime an internal exam would even relieve the pain. Who knows but this is f….ed up thing.
also, my wife was great during this, but also needed this forum.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Deleted User 3641 » 03 Aug 2014, 09:17

Update:
I did have a better BM today but still spasms. They were bad but less intense. What I did differently by way of diet was to ditch fiber supplements completely, had more whole grain bread throughout the day with creamy no sugar low sodium peanut butter, a couple of bananas, avocados, brown rice and lentils, squash and rotis or chapatis with ghee. The lentils and squash are prepared as north indian dishes common in Punjab. Roti is nothing more than whole wheat flower with canola oil kneaded in. Coconut oil was added into these dishes. Additionally kefir and milk was helpful to get my stool consistency right. I had a moderate amount of fruit and water. Water was about 2 liters. I think overdoing it can cause watery stool when taking 100mg of stool softener.

My goal yesterday was to increase my calories with soft foods like bananas, peanut butter and avocados.

This morning I had warm lemon water followed by oatmeal with fruit. I also had a banana to hopefully counter some muscle spasms/cramps since potassium is supposed to help with that.

In the morning and night I had the turmeric drink i mentioned earlier prepared in warm milk. The indian food also had plenty of turmeric.

Of course one motrin and valium helped this morning along with rolling a massage ball under my feet while lying down.
This is the one I use:
Massage Ball, 3.6 inch / 9cm by TheraGear

Hope this helps someone. I dont generally have stomach issues so this may not work for everyone.

Still have some residual spasm but it is getting better. Forgot to mention that walking helped for blood flow and digestion.
Deleted User 3641