Buttox Diary

Developed a fissure after giving birth 10 months ago

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Buttox Diary

Postby Apes » 03 Aug 2014, 13:55

This says a lot

"Granted, it is much better than the first two days post-Botox. I have been through these ups and downs so many times, it's hard to be excited."

You noticed things getting a little better, that's good. And yes don't get to excited. You have a long way to go, but things should get better every week.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Keesia » 06 Aug 2014, 04:29

I also really hope things get better for you!
Keesia
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby Newmommy28 » 06 Aug 2014, 11:57

Did anyone else have trouble logging in the past couple days?

Day 8

It has been exactly one week since I had Botox to my bottom. Just to recap: Sunday I did have pain but the spasms were not nearly as bad as the first three days. I didn't have any pain or discomfort Monday or Tuesday, however, today I am getting spasms again. It's a little disconcerting since my doctor told me I should know by Tuesday if Botox is going to have helped. I do realize that it can take up to 10 days for Botox to fully work, so I'm still holding on to some hope.

I checked in with my doctor yesterday and he reminded me Botox has a 50% effective rate, but the percentage is higher for the fissure to return after the botox has worn off (approx 2 months). I'm wondering if the group of people who have the fissure return post-Botox are not eating as well and taking care of their bowels, so that causes the recurrence? Unsure. For now all I can do is wait to see what happens next.

I am practically done breastfeeding and I have noticed that my stools are lot softer. I'm even only doing 1/2 cap of Miralax at night. Just thought I should throw that out there for any breastfeeding mamas. I do know that some people have said they didn't notice a difference after they stopped nursing.

To be continued...
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Apes » 06 Aug 2014, 13:01

You will have a lot of ups and downs in the first month of Botox, but things should be getting better after the second the week with a few setbacks along the way. I'm at 3 months after botox and its starting to wear off. My doctor said it should last 3-4 months.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Apes » 06 Aug 2014, 13:02

and yes the site was down for a couple of days.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby Jbl22424 » 06 Aug 2014, 13:58

Sorry to hear you are still having spasms. Again, still early days... it still takes months to heal!

I also noticed a huge difference in my bms after weaning... not enough to cure my fissure but still a significant difference.

Had trouble posting messages the last few days, too. I think an incorrect date on the forum was messing things up.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Flaneur » 06 Aug 2014, 19:56

Thanks for such a great diary. I'm a breastfeeding mumma too. My baby is 9months old. I had botox 2 months ago
and i don't think it has worked. I'm not willing to give up bfing yet but it's good to know that it might help in the future.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Flaneur » 06 Aug 2014, 19:56

Thanks for such a great diary. I'm a breastfeeding mumma too. My baby is 9months old. I had botox 2 months ago
and i don't think it has worked. I'm not willing to give up bfing yet but it's good to know that it might help in the future.
Flaneur
Salt Bather

Topics: 11

Postby Newmommy28 » 06 Aug 2014, 20:13

Flaneur-

You are welcome. And it is such a personal decision, deciding to wean. I'm sorry you don't feel as though your treatment has worked. My doctor told me some people just continue doing Botox, several times. He made the surgery sound very safe and assured me results are 95%. I don't think I will do Botox again. If my fissure doesn't heal from this I think surgery will be my next step. I hope you heal soon, whatever you decide. Keep us posted. :)
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Postby Newmommy28 » 09 Aug 2014, 07:42

Day 10

Well, just when I think things are much better I realize I'm wrong. This morning I had a hard-ish bowel movement, of course I ended up going twice. There were small traces of blood on the toilet paper. And now there is a lot of stinging. I'm pretty sure I irritated any healing that may have been happening. I'm just hoping this is a small step back before I leap forward. I think I messed up - yesterday I didn't eat as healthy as I normally do, nor did I drink enough water. I took a half dose of Miralax when I probably should have done a whole just to ensure a soft bm today. I will most likely go on a whole dose for the next 2 months just to be safe since I realize my error.

I'm taking a hot bath to help with the stinging. Hopefully it will keep spasms at bay. I will say that so far I've noticed the spasms in the past few days only last about 1-2 hours, when before it was more like 5. So I'm taking that as a good sign. Just trying to stay positive!! I hope everyone else is having a better day. We will get through this!!!
Newmommy28
Salt Bather