Buttox Diary

Developed a fissure after giving birth 10 months ago

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Buttox Diary

Postby Apes » 09 Aug 2014, 08:41

It's all ablaut those BMS keep them soft and i think you will notice great improvement. Stay on the Miralax and drink lots of water. Don't deviate its not worth the pain..
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Newmommy28 » 09 Aug 2014, 12:33

Ok, so I'm trying not to freak out. I looked down "there" for the first time today. I notice what looks like a small pocket if pus posterior near the opening. I'm not sure what this could be from since my I've never been able to see my fissure before, this doesn't appear to be in the same area. Could it be from one of the injection sites? I believe I was injected 4 times. Looks pretty superficial so I'm hoping it's not a big deal. I've already sent an email to my doctor. Waiting to hear back...
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Topics: 19

Postby Newmommy28 » 11 Aug 2014, 07:53

Day 13

Things are still very sore down there after bm's. Feels very similar to how I felt the first two days after my injections, perhaps a little better with the spasms. The pustule or whatever it was that I saw on Saturday seems to be gone, but it's still very red and sore. I'm also having some slight itching along with the soreness. I know that can be a sign of healing, but I feel like for me it is more irritation than anything else. My husband bought us new toilet paper a week ago that has aloe on it and I'm sure other stuff. I'm wondering if this may have irritated something. I would think that by now the actual injection sites would have been 'healed' per se, but obviously my lack of experience with getting shots up my butt just has me guessing as to what is going on. It is odd because even with my fissure, which I could never see - after I would have a bowel movement and be cleaning myself up, it didn't actually feel sore when I would wipe (gross, sorry). Now it is sore each time I have to wipe. I'm also wondering if I could have a hemorrhoid because I know those can be itchy. I've been blessed enough where I never really had to feel with hemorrhoids so I have no idea what that would feel like. Again, this is me just guessing!! My doctor wants to know how I am today. I guess I will find out if he feels like he needs to see me. Stay tuned.
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Postby Apes » 11 Aug 2014, 09:56

I wouldn't use TP with anything on it. I don't even wipe, I use TP WITH WATER ON IT AND BLOT. I usually clean up with the handheld in the shower also. I also put some coconut oil on the TP and find it helps clean up and is soothing.
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby Jbl22424 » 11 Aug 2014, 23:26

Newmommy, did you get a peri-bottle after labor? I used that on my bum to clean up and dabbed with tp to dry. I did that the whole time I had a fissure and it worked great, no irritation. Unfortunately I stopped 6 weeks after LIS and threw the bottle away... Now I have to buy a new one for this new tear. But anyways, I highly recommend.
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby owmybum » 12 Aug 2014, 05:32

Hi,
I've had a sore slightly raised bit pop up after my internal flap. It seems really stingy to the touch, and like you, I was never sore to wipe, but now am.
I am guessing it's an irritation of some sort, and I'm using the shower now to hose off.
Aloe Vera irritated me... So it might be worth getting some regular toilet paper and when you need to use it just dab.

I hope things settle for you soon

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Newmommy28 » 12 Aug 2014, 13:40

Day 14

Not going to lie- today has been hard. I feel like the spasms I'm having are getting worse. Bm's have been soft. Not sure what is going on. I'm kind of worried I have another fissure, although I haven't had any blood so maybe not? My butthole is just so sore to the touch. And these spasms feel like they're shooting through my whole body. I've emailed my doctor asking if he can see me tomorrow. If it's just the same ol' fissure I can deal - I'm more concerned about there being something else wrong down there since this feels unusual.

Thank you for your suggestions. Jbl- I do still have my per bottle! I have not been using it. I was using it in the beginning but I got a UTI and I'm pretty sure it was from not using proper hygiene so I've been nervous about spraying water down there. I definitely have a rash from my tp- I switched to soft gauze a few days ago. OMB- I guess we are in the same butt boat so to speak. How are you doing now? I really feel like my injections have jacked up my butt at the moment. Still trying to give it time tho.

Thanks for everyone's suggestions! Til tomorrow...
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Postby Jbl22424 » 12 Aug 2014, 21:24

I used the peri bottle after peeing for six weeks after labor and I think I used it too long... Things wouldn't ever dry out and it started to get irritated. That cleared up when I stopped using it... Then later I got my fissure and used it for my bum. Since I dabbed dry with tp, I didn't have the same issue with moisture.

Hope your doc gives you some answers and reassurance tomorrow!
Developed fissure from constipation due to breastfeeding 7 weeks after delivery (Jan 2014)
Nifedepine
Colace
Magnesium
Miralax - godsend
Nitro - some improvement
LIS (May 2014) - cured for 3 months then setback
Diltiazem
Feeling better for now
Jbl22424
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 9

Postby Newmommy28 » 13 Aug 2014, 15:14

Day 15

I met with my doctor today. I am still experiencing pain and I decided I would feel better if he could do a quick exam and just confirm that I am not dealing with anything new on top of the old fissure. He checked where he injected the Botox: there was no residual bruising/swelling/lumps, no infection or anything like that, which is good. I don't know why the spasms feel so sharp because he said my fissure looks pretty much the same. Maybe it is all in my mind… Anyway, he pretty much said he thinks I am in the category of people for whom the injections don't work. I asked how this could be and he explained that sometimes the muscle is much stronger and it sort of overrides the Botox. They don't inject more than 50 units because that is where the leaking/incontinence chances increase. I was kind of wondering since I had no issues with that at all - I could even hold gas in, which I thought was great, but now I'm thinking it was because I didn't have enough injected.

He recommended I give it another week and then decide about moving forward with surgery. I'm pretty sure this is where I'm headed. I'm not looking forward to it, but if it will work I just want to get it over with at this point. So. That's about all I guess.
Newmommy28
Salt Bather

Postby Alyssa » 13 Aug 2014, 15:54

Newmommy,

I'm sorry to hear that the Botox has not healed the fissure but look at the bright side, you still have another option for you to heal.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26