follow up

follow up and suggestions please!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

follow up

Postby jlm1 » 12 Aug 2014, 13:49

Hi all,

So yesterday, I want back to CRS and she did a gentle exam and said that it looked like the fissure was starting to heal. Of course, she didn't want to look too far up and possibly hurt me. I know I have a deep and long fissure. The last few days have been a bit better. Still some pain and burning but I have been able to function. We decided to hold off on the LIS and continue to give the botox a chance to work. i'm relieved because I would prefer no cutting but then again, I have had it with this.
Today has been a bad day pain wise. Worse than the past 2 days. I feel like I am going in the wrong direction. Is it possible that even the gentle exam yesterday could have contributed to this pain today? Also, I find that my stools these last few days while, not hard, they are formed but I am having a hard time evacuating all at once. I find myself pushing a little and then I freak out about that. And I have started having a cup of coffee in the morning to get things moving. I just want my BM's to fall out without effort. I don;t wan to push. I have been drinking plenty of water, only eating veggies, some fruit and lean protein, some oatmeal, occasional yogurt, prunes and figs. I also take 3 stool softeners a day, tumeric, vitamin b and I take a tablespoon of coconut oil. I don't understand why my stools are not just falling out!! Any suggestions?
I know this is a slow recovery. I'm afraid because I go back to work in a few weeks and at this point, I can't even sit in the car to get myself there. I've had ot with this part of my body. I'm tired of putting various ointments up my but. and I also have internal hemorrhoids which thank goodness don't seem to be the problem right now. I also have a big external roid and a skin tag. Neither hurt, just makes it annoying to find the anal entrance and out stuff in there. I want to trade asses with someone...don't want mine anymore. Just want to poop in piece. UGHHHHHHHHH
thanks for listening to my rant! I was also given valium suppositories so we will see how those work.
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Re: follow up

Postby Apes » 12 Aug 2014, 13:56

Sounds like a good report at the CRS and yes a little exam can still cause pain. I think you are heading in the right direction. Your eating habits seem great, I'm sorry it's been a little hard in that are? I totally agree with the coffee in the morning, it helped be a great deal. Keep strong, I think you should be on a path to get back to work in few weeks with just minor dis comfort. Keep us posted
Fissure 2/13/14 from Colonoscopy
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
Botox 5/5/2014 work in progress
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Topics: 17

Postby jlm1 » 12 Aug 2014, 14:09

do you use mirolax or benfiber or something else?
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Apes » 12 Aug 2014, 14:30

When I first got Botox I used 1 tablespoon of benefiber in the morning and 1 at night. I also used1 tablespoon of miralax at night. I never had a real problem going to the bathroom. I was trying to manage the number of times I went. I would have a BM three times in the morning. After the Botox kicked in my first BM. Would be as soon as I got out of bed. About 2 weeks ago I stopped the MiralX and have continued the Benefiber. I feel I need the fiber to keep my stool a good consistency. People here swear by Miralax. If I was having trouble going I would be taking Miralax. If you are still having trouble I would increase the dose slowly.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby owmybum » 12 Aug 2014, 15:30

I find it's better to go when I put my feet up on a stool. It alters the angle of your pelvis for easier evacuation. Maybe you could try that.
Just the travelling to the appointment, and the anxiety about it could trigger your anal muscles to tighten up, and hurt more. Hopefully it will settle down in the next day or two.
Try taking some nice relaxing baths if you can.

OMB x

Ps... I'll trade asses with you..... Mines even more broken than yours though!! Lol
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby jlm1 » 12 Aug 2014, 16:31

Ha, OMB! I do have that squatty potty stool. We have spent so much money on supplements and pretty much anything I hear might help.
Apes, I think I will start mirolax tonight. I just want my BM's to fall out without effort. I guess every one is different and has to find the right combination for their own body. Hope you are feeling ok!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Apes » 12 Aug 2014, 16:52

You don't need to spend more money, I just have a small stool by my toilet and put my feet on if when I go. I also use the finger support method others have talked about. When I have a BM I use my finger to and gently press the spot between my tailbone and anus, it helps the poop move along. Do a search on this forum for finger support, you may get mire information.
Nitro no help
Nifedipine no help
HEALED 10/2014
Apes
VIP

Postby jlm1 » 12 Aug 2014, 19:21

Thanks Apes, although that sounds painful.....I'll look into it when I'm in a better mood
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist