Has anyone with pelvic floor trouble gotten LIS?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Has anyone with pelvic floor trouble gotten LIS?

Postby msimon » 20 Aug 2014, 15:03

I have pelvic floor dysfunction and had trouble with BMs prior to a fissure. I now have 2 fissures and it's nearly impossible (and this is after I got botox into the pelvic floor recently). I am thinking that, at least now, the isssue is probably my internal sphincter. Hence the interest in the LIS. I have noticed that for me, getting botox into the IS makes my pelvic floor cranky. Like I always feel like I need to have a BM so I tighten it to make this feeling go away. Has anyone with pelvic floor issues gotten LIS and found that it enabled them to heal?

:thankyou:
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: Has anyone with pelvic floor trouble gotten LIS?

Postby Rachael 1984 » 21 Aug 2014, 05:36

Hi msimon,
Have you had a pressure test conducted? This will determine if the problem is high resting pressure in your sphincter muscle, which causes re-tears and new fissures to form. Please try and keep positive... I know it's hard, and you are feeling down with all of this. Have you considered taking ADs for the anxiety and stress that comes with this. They really helped me out of the black hole I was in. I didn't know what to do and I didn't want to wake up, as the pain and depression became too much.
We are all here for you and you can always PM me if you need a friend to talk to. I have been in that desperate situation, as have many others on here.... It helps to talk. Sending you hugs. Xxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!