Horrible pelvic spasms after lis!!!

Please help!!!!!!!

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Horrible pelvic spasms after lis!!!

Postby hopefulbutt » 11 Oct 2014, 06:51

This is actually my second lis and my first one didn't hurt anything like this. She did cut a lot more muscle as she didn't cut enough the first time-had anal manometery done. But I am having horrible horrible pelvic spasms on the side lis was done, from my tailbone to my v. I called my dr and she said she wasn't surprised I was in so much pain as she cut so much more this time. All she did was give me stronger pain meds.
Anyone else have this? What can I do to make them less? I'm spouses to go back to work in 3 days but I can't even sleep without waking in spasms. please please help! I am 3 days out and probably feeling worse!
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Re: Horrible pelvic spasms after lis!!!

Postby owmybum » 11 Oct 2014, 13:17

Gosh hopefulbutt, I'm sorry you have ended up having another LIS, and are in such pain.
Keep taking your pain meds. Have you got a heating pad or hot water bottle you can hold on the area?? That may help.
I'm sorry I can't be of more help xxx

:smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby pafen » 11 Oct 2014, 15:31

Hopefulbutt,

Apart from pain medications you could try a muscle relaxant at night. I found valium is one of the few drugs that gives me good relief but makes you feel pretty tired. It relaxes the pelvic floor muscles for me. You could also try sitz baths after each bowel movement.

Other than that you have got me thinking about whether my LIS had enough muscle cut now.

3 days is not a long time into the recovery of rectal surgery. It is something that has to be used nearly every day so things don't heal there overnight. I remember my LIS taking 3-4 weeks to heal.
Hemroidectomy, anal abscess, fissure, LIS
Pelvic floor Dysfunction since late 2012
pafen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8

Postby hopefulbutt » 11 Oct 2014, 19:57

Thanks for the support both of you. Yes I use a heating pad when they get really bad. The lis is sore but not horrible- it's the spasms are killing me. Dr says this normal because she cut so much but I'm having a much harder recovery the last time. :sadd: I asked dr on call for muscle relaxer but they said no. I will go back Monday and Dennis some. I knew it would be a long road but I'm so depressed ms exhausted.
Please don't worry that your crs didn't caught enough, mine just wasn't enough. Ok I will try and hang in there a few more weeks. :oops:
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 12 Oct 2014, 14:30

Pafen- I tried a flexeril of my dads last night and although it made me sleepy I think it did help with the spasms. I don't understand why my crs won't give me a script for a week or two. Do I have to go there and beg? I just can't imagine going back to work already but I may have to. Thanks for the encougtement.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Rachael 1984 » 13 Oct 2014, 03:50

Hi Hopefull.
I'm sorry you're back... And I'm sending you hugs and healing wishes. So the first LIS was too conservative? I'm sure that if you called again and told the doc how much pain you're in, and say you can't cope with the pain and you need a prescription for something stronger? The incision pain for me is a duller achy narky pain that last all day after second BM. After one BM I'm not too bad, but can't control how many times I go unfortunately! Ugh. I do hope you improve soon, can you take more time off work. Not sure it will help going back if you're in pain? Cxxxxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby hopefulbutt » 13 Oct 2014, 11:05

Agh!! The pain was from an abcess. I had to go to the er to get it drained. Was immediate relief but I still have soreness and pain around the incision site- not sure if that is accumulating more pus or if it is normal swollen from lis. The pain was out of this world. I still have pain now but nothing like it was before.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist