LIS Hard Stools

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: LIS Hard Stools

Postby Rachael 1984 » 03 Oct 2014, 05:13

Hi Caroline,
Sounds good, we are on track, I'm praying.......... What great encouraging words from MS! :thankyou: :thankyou: :Rock: keep going. I know what you mean about having a good day then not so good, it's hard work. :afsmile:
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
Nitro- Effective short term
April 2013-Botox-Effective short term
Diltazem-No effect, developed Rash
July 2014-Diagnosed High Resting Pressure
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Ongoing pain/re-tears. Awaiting pressure test results.
Rachael 1984

Topics: 26
Mood: Please heal!

Postby Rachael 1984 » 05 Oct 2014, 03:18

Hi Caroline.

Are you okay? X
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Carolineandy1 » 05 Oct 2014, 03:39

Hi Rachael

Day 16 post LIS. 2 pain free BMS. Second one had a twinge he on right, fissure site? Anyway I decided to go out and really emersed myself and enjoyed what I was doing and hardly thought about my bum. Rest of the day great.

Day 17 post LIS. First BM pain free. Second BM I was almost finished, started to pee then I don't know what happened but ouch ouch at incision site. Aarghh, what happened? Right at the last second. Stool loose, did I clamp up, was I passing stool, I don't even know that! :groan:
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Topics: 2

Postby Carolineandy1 » 06 Oct 2014, 02:28

Day 18 post LIS. First BM pain free. However I've been in a lot of pain after. The stool was soft, formed perhaps a little bigger than I would have liked, although it wasn't particularly big. The left side of my bottom is screaming at me.

Second BM soft, formed, usually it's much smaller and looser. It felt like it was burning a bit as it passed. It feels like my whole rectum has been stretched.

In the olden days a pain free BM meant a pain free day. This now, unfortunately cannot be relied upon.

I am due on soon, I know other ladies have reported issues around this time. I don't know if it is a coincidence or not. :( :sadd: :~!@:

Been on the pain killers again. Feeling sore. It's the sane feeling I had pre LIS. How can you have pain free BM but still be in a lot of pain. I guess the stool wasn't perfect. This will be my life for ever. It's been like this since June it's not going to get any better.
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 07 Oct 2014, 03:10

Hi Caroline,

I'm so sorry you are having setbacks.... I'm getting the pain all day at incision too, not everyday it fluctuates. I called my CRS secretary yesterday, I needed to tell her what's going on. Okay, I'm getting a little neurotic maybe, but I'm scared of infection. I'm convinced the second BM causes the damage to the incision, because it puts pressure on it. Healing from LIS I'm finding is like healing from Fissures... Some days okay, some good, some not. This is frustrating when we've been in pain for so long. Can you see your GP or call the CRS... You might fell better with some reassurance everything is okay at this point in the healing process. X

Hope you're having a better day today. Xxxxxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984

Postby Carolineandy1 » 08 Oct 2014, 05:19

Update day 19 post LIS. Pain free BMs, however feeling sore at incision site. Sometimes I find it difficult to pinpoint the source of the pain. I get aches from my lower back in to the top of my buttocks. I feel worse when sitting or laying down. After the second BM I felt ok, I stood up for a while. In the afternoon I watched TV in bed and ached then. After a while it went off and I felt ok. Sometimes I think the pain may be in my head.

Update day 20 post LIS. Pain free BMs. No particular soreness. However I know it's still there. It's a bit irritable, like it's owner LOL.
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby Carolineandy1 » 09 Oct 2014, 04:13

Update day 21 post LIS. Two pain free BMs. My first was very loose, not particularly formed, I think there was fresh blood in it, not sure where that has come from. Didn't smell too great either. Second loose, perhaps a little more formed, not a lot between the two. I couldn't detect any blood in this.

Since Tuesday after dinner I've had stomach ache and indigestion as I did 10 days ago. I feel full and bloated. I am not sure of the cause. I take 1.5 movicol per day and reduced the half to a quarter this morning. If it's not one thing it's something else. I have 26 more years to work before retirement, I don't think I will make it!! :nope:
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby Carolineandy1 » 11 Oct 2014, 05:41

Update day 22 post,LIS. Pain free BM, stool formed. Soreness an hour or so later lasting all day, irritating. Concerned with only one BM, bowel was sluggish.

Update day 23 post LIS. Pain free BM. Stool formed, soft,went all mushy in the toilet, but hard bits in it. I don't know why it has these bits in it. Soreness again a while after. Expecting it to stay with me all day. Really you can go now, I don't want you to visit any more. Not sure why only one BM. No change in diet, taking 1.5 movicol.

Have another week off work, although they are getting inpatient from me to return. Not allowed to be sick you see. I understand they have to meet the needs of the business. Other people tell me to persevere with it. Others asking are you any better at all. I feel it's a pain in the arse to everyone. I need to go back to work and suffer in silence. That would please everyone then wouldn't it
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby Carolineandy1 » 12 Oct 2014, 14:08

Update day 24 post LIS. Two pain free BMs today however I am not pleased with them, they need to be smaller and softer. No pain until I sat down later on in the morning. I have been in pain since. It feels achy, it radiates all over my bottom to my lower back. 95% success rate of healing a fissure may be true, however what is the percentage rate of healing the incision??
Fissure +9 Years
GTN mixed results
LIS 18.9.14
Carolineandy1
Salt Bather

Postby Rachael 1984 » 13 Oct 2014, 03:34

Hi Caroilne,

I know how you feel..... I had the same problem the other day... Just a bit too formed and I was in pain all day. It's a horrible ache, sore feeling all over I feel and it's sore all around the sphincter. I've taken 1.5 Movicol and that seems what I can go to before I'm in trouble.... I've also found if I don't wipe too much and clean up more with the shower, it's a bit better. Are you wiping with wet wipes? Hope you can have a better day tomorrow. Xxxxxxxxx
Hem Banding sept 2012
2Fissures
LIS performed on 17.9.14
Rachael 1984