Day 6 abscess/infection please advise

Oh dear god why me?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Day 6 abscess/infection please advise

Postby woundedspirit » 14 Oct 2014, 23:01

It will get better. It will. Be sure to do those 4 to 5 baths a day. It is one of the best things to beat this infection. Also just a little FYI. Make sure you are taking your antibiotics ON TIME exactly as prescribed even if you need to set the alarm. If they are say every 8 hours you need to take them right on time because to be most effective there needs to be a constant certain level in your system. If on the other hand it just says 3 times a day, you don't need to set an alarm you can take them spaced out during your awake hours. You will have to pay close attention to your body because some antibiotics can cause diarrhea too. You are working with a couple different things, constipating narcotics and possible antibiotics causing diarrhea. Just depends on you and the type. Just stay mindful and you will be alright.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby hopefulbutt » 15 Oct 2014, 07:13

Wounded spirit I thank you for your encouragement. I see you had a hemorrhoidecty. Was it very painful? I can tell that I will have bm today and I am so scared. I'm sorry your lis failed. Can you have a second or are you too loose now?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby woundedspirit » 15 Oct 2014, 18:46

Hi hopeful. Yes, my hemorrhoidectomy was terribly painful. So I know what you are going through. I could have a second LIS but that will not solve the problem of the stenosis from scar tissue so I will end up needing flap surgery to really fix the fissures. Did you have a BM today? Hope it went okay for you.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 15 Oct 2014, 19:04

Oh dear I have the dreaded diarrhea. It's like burning acid and awful pain wrapped together. I'm so afraid of the abscess returning as that was even worse. Oh dear God. How long until this feels even a little better, wounded? I wonder if formed poo will hurt more or less? When you had hemmorhoicetmy how long till you felt even a little better?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby woundedspirit » 15 Oct 2014, 23:44

Oh those darn antibiotics have probably given you the diarrhea. A little more formed stool yet still soft will hurt less. You have to remember after your procedure yesterday it was like starting over again. But you have 2 days done now and each day will be a little bit better. Try to sleep as much as you can. Keep doing your soaks. Eat a little protein everyday for wound healing. Try to relax the other muscles in your body. Sometimes when the pain is bad we tense up and it can get exhausting. Clear your mind of worry that the abscess will come back and just put in your mind that it is healing. I am saying a prayer for you tonight. Better days are coming. :hugs:
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 16 Oct 2014, 15:33

Thanks wounded. Just saw my crs'a assistant because I think I have a fistula. She says no but I am fairly certain. Why don't they believe me? I can see poo coming from my abscess after I go- but of course I cleaned up before I went so she saw nothing. Not that I'm excited to get a seton placed but I'd rather start it now than in a few weeks. The wound is large but she said not too deep. Raw raw all the time. :( how are you doing? Are you going to get the advancement flap?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby scared ann » 17 Oct 2014, 09:02

Hi hopefulbutt ! I myself got abscess/infection from my LIS surgery.how did you get your abscess/infection?
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby hopefulbutt » 17 Oct 2014, 09:59

Hi scared Ann- yes I've read all your posts. I was hoping to recover s well as you did. I also got mine from lis. The abscess was quite large and left a large open sore. But unfortunately now poo is coming out too. My fissure was ripped larger from the exam as well. Agh!!!! So much pain. You did not end up with a fistula right Ann? That is what I think I've got.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 17 Oct 2014, 17:20

Oh Hopefulbutt I have been following your story and my heart goes out to you. I am so sorry that things are not going well for you. I just wanted to chime in to see if you are doing anything that may combat the diarrhea that antibiotics cause. I take a daily probiotic supplement for good general health and also for IBS but it is apparently very important to take them when you take antibiotics because those meds kill both the good and bad bacteria and this gives you the D. Sorry if you already know that but I just wanted to make sure.

I don't have much other guidance though. I too had a hemorrhoidectomy many years ago and it was hell. the post-BM spasms were insane. Warm baths helped. Are you having painful spasms? If so, would you be able to apply any ointment down there right now (like nitro or nifedipine)? What pain meds are you on? Would you be able to get any ativan or valium to get you through this time?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby woundedspirit » 17 Oct 2014, 23:49

Hi hopeful yes I think I have to get flap surgery done to heal. Probably after the first of the year. Yes I too was thinking you needed some type of ointment Maybe some antibiotic ointment?
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist