Success- 1 year fissure free- how I did it

healing methods

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

Success- 1 year fissure free- how I did it

Postby BMWK75s » 19 Oct 2014, 10:40

Hello. Here is my personal story of how I beat fissures and have been free for a year.

Success beating anal fissures.

I had had anal fissures since 1997. I would get them posterior and laterally. Sometimes 3 at a time. They would be 2-6mm long and generally on the exposed skin. They would generally not progress inside.

I finally beat them in 2013. My life no longer sucks.

Key ways I beat them.
1. Botox therapy in October 2013. Why I waited so long is a maddening story of being deflected by doctors.
2. SUPPORT YOUR anus during a BM with your hand by pressing behind the anus on the skin to keep the anus from stretching towards the back. This seems to have prevented posterior fissures. I see there is a toliet seat product out there that does this. My hand has worked just fine. Don't let your butt stretch out to the rear if you have anterior fissures!
3. DO NOT use toliet paper. Wash your butt with water after each bowel movement. Not fun but it has helped. I try to shower. If I am in a public toliet I get a large 16-32oz container of water and as I am sitting I pour it with my left hand down my abdomen and it rinses over my anus. I use my other hand to clean my anus. Gross, yes.
4. Have soft stools. If you don't have soft stools, go vegetarian with lots of fiber until you do.
5. Don't strain. Ever.

Things that likely helped
1. Don't eat meat, especially red meat
2. Being left by my secretly betraying very hard to live with ex-wife. Actually, I am sure that hurt- reduce stress levels!
3. I also had mild ulcerative colitis. As part of that, I used mesalamine enemas. Maybe that provided a soothing or calming effect. Colitis is in remission and has not been treated for 2 years.
4. I also had used a mesalamine pill. I forget the name, for long term treatment of ulcerative colitis. I don't think that had an effect. I have not been taking meds for 2 years.

Ways I did not beat fissures.
Nitroglycerine
Nifedipine
Stretching
This meant years of futile pain.

Good luck!
BMWK75s

Topics: 1

Re: Success- 1 year fissure free- how I did it

Postby Alyssa » 19 Oct 2014, 12:25

B,

Great to hear your success story... Thanks for sharing!
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26