Let there be an end

Lis, lis again, abscess, and fistula?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Let there be an end

Postby hopefulbutt » 20 Oct 2014, 19:04

Ah wounded spirit I'm sorry. I wish we were both feeling better. Why are you having a bad day? My pa for my crs was great today. She did listen to me and said fissure is finally healing some (yes!) but still have the hems- from all the recent surgery and diarrhea and also abscess is healing. She is concerned that I may have a fistula but want me to until end of next week to see if it closes or is still leaking mucus and poo. She said the area is still all inflamed and it's hard to tell. She explained what would happen if it was a fistula so that helped- but if it is I just wish I could get the seton in sooner than later as all the leaking is gross. I'm so afraid that if they need to place a seton I will keep reopening that awful fissure. At least I know that it can heal- given time now that my muscle is looser. Even made t to my sons last soccer game today- with plenty of OxyContin and lying on my side in the grass the whole time, but still it felt amazing just t do something normal without screaming in anguish from my bum. Bms are still agony but crs said a week or two more and it will feel better. Here's to hoping.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby woundedspirit » 21 Oct 2014, 00:43

So good to hear. 12hrs pain 2 day. Not even up to typing much. Don't know what's wrong. Will catch up tomorrow but had to say glad for good report.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12

Postby woundedspirit » 21 Oct 2014, 08:43

Hi Hopeful. Wanted to get back to you as I am doing a lot better today but I have not gone to the bathroom yet so we will see what happens. I actually sit at the moment so I thought I would get some bills paid and catch up on here. That is a ray of hope that you are starting to heal a bit and even better you enjoyed your sons game. Doesn't it feel to good to be out and enjoying life? Even if you had to lay in the grass and have a full load of pain meds! I love those times. I am sure it helps so much to have your doctor understanding what you were saying about the fistula. Hope it heals over well and that will be the end of that! Take care. Sending healing thoughts for sure. :)
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 21 Oct 2014, 10:04

Feeling down this morning. So worried about my job. I'm so afraid I will be fired for taking so much time off and I have convinced myself that I have a fistula and will require more surgery. Dreaded diarrhea has quit so that's good but had two bms already this morning so that's bad. I'm definitely looser than I was before lis #2. And that's ehat j wanted but it makes me nervous too. Still having poo come out of the abscess hole and now I see and black like from hole to hole- convincing me a fistula has formed. Why dont I have any faith for a good report? Because I keep experiencing the bad. If I do indeed have a fistula I am deathly afraid of it closing and abscessing again as that was horrendous pain. Also how much more time off will I need if I do? My boss was already quite upset with me about taking this much time off. Ok, just needed to vent. There will be better days Im sure - they just seem so far away. Why so downcast oh my soul? Why so disturbed within me? Put your hope in God for he will yet save me. Psalm 43:5
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby woundedspirit » 21 Oct 2014, 22:03

Amen. Sorry you are feeling down. I know how you feel about your job. But what can be done? It must be so unsettling to see poo coming out where it is not supposed to. When do you go back? I think you said about a week. Feel free to vent all you need to. It helps. I am a bit nervous as I never did have a BM today. But I went twice the day before. I hope I am not in trouble. Ate only salad today and Mirilax. What a life.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 22 Oct 2014, 08:29

Well it's been 7 days since my abscess surgery. And my abscess is definitely much smaller. Here's where Im at today- fissure is much smaller but zings once and a while or aches so I'm pleased with the improvement there. Hems are getting better (from two anal surgeries in one week) and none are thrombosed so I'm pleased with that too. Bms are not painful until after I go- from the open abscess site and from all the poo getting in there. So the bad- I still must manually push on the pocket until all the poo is moved out- maybe about a 1/4 teaspoons worth. I don't know if it is coming in through a fistula or getting in there as I go. Either way it is incredibly painful until I remove it, bathe, then try and push on it again and remove anythin remaining. If it is a fistula I hope it is low as this second lis has made me unable to control my toots. I can control poo so far so at least there's that. :dunno: just waiting I guess to see if I have a fistula or just this abscess that doesn't seem to want to heal too fast. How are you doing wounded? Are you meeting with your crs soon to decide about a flap? Did you have vein surgery? Did you try the Rutin?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby woundedspirit » 22 Oct 2014, 16:46

So glad to hear things sound like they are inching forward but know there is a ways to go yet. I am doing really good yesterday and today. Thought I might be in trouble with a hard stool but all was soft and went well. Yes, I have an appointment for December 5th with my CRS to get the plan set. I did not try the Rutin but am going forward with the lazer treatment on my right leg next week. I got approval from my insurance. I will feel better knowing those are taken care of before the rectal surgery as the type I have put you at highter risk for blood clots. There will be 3 treatments so I should be all done by Thanksgiving. Hope you continue to do better. :D
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failed LIS
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 23 Oct 2014, 15:48

Wounded glad you are able to get the laser surgery done before butt. Day 9 after abscess surgery. Oh how I miss those first couple days after lis when poo was so happy and easy. I've been constipated today from all the antibiotics killing everything good off. I've gone 3 times, each time incomplete and agony. And my muscle is so relaxed now it can't get everything out. Ugh I should have never had lis#2! Now what? Honestly never thought I would wish for a tighter bum muscle but I do now. Poo is still getting in the abscess hole- how can it not be a fistula?? Either way it scares me that my butt muscles are too weak- because if I have a fistula then fixing it won't make them any tighter- maybe just weaker. :( time will tell if it's a fistula. Last bm hurt so bad the abscess/fistula hole began to bleed. Will triple my miralax. Diarrhea was at least better than this. Oh will this ever be better???
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 24 Oct 2014, 07:55

Day 10. Another hard and painful bm. Ugh antibiotics. At least I feel like I got out what I needed to. Still very concerned about having a fistula. Hem is much better and fissure is slowly healing. My new loose but is so different. I must say I don't miss the muscle pain from the fissure! Having a real hard time controlling gas- at least it's silent most of the time. Don't know if I have any leakage- because that stupid hole is always draining pus and poo.the abscess hole thing still bring me great pain during and after bm. Hoping it is at least smaller by the time I have to go back to work.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby pafen » 24 Oct 2014, 23:50

I have been there before. I had an anal abscess which left behind a small fistula. It's best to get it opened up, otherwise it just prolongs things(won't heal).

You have to be careful the skin doesn't heal over the opening. This allows more infection to build up, before opening up again.

You don't want to muck around with a fistula. Get it fixed before the possibility of more tracks developing. They can at least place a seton in it to allow drainage and prevent the opening from healing over the top.

They should do an MRI or EUA to see where the track goes. Your colorectal surgeon possibly would have already done this when they drained it with a fistula probe.
Hemroidectomy, anal abscess, fissure, LIS
Pelvic floor Dysfunction since late 2012
pafen
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 8