nifedipine users come in!

application/does it work

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

nifedipine users come in!

Postby proudmama25 » 26 Oct 2014, 07:44

Hi everyone. My CRS prescribed me nifedipine + lidocaine compound. I started using it Thursday night. All the directions day is to apply a pea sized amount. Where do I apply it? I have been applying once in the am after BM and once before bed. I also use coconut oil in between. Friday during the day I felt better but at night started getting more spasms and stabbing pain than usual. Yesterday was pretty bad. I am so sore. I tight the lidocaine would help with this. I have been applying directly to fissures. Any advice on how to use this? And how long until I will know if it's helping or not?
proudmama25
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: nifedipine users come in!

Postby Savaici » 26 Oct 2014, 13:13

I used it only on the outside, did not try to actually put it on the fissure. Mine was without lidocaine as thst gave me pain instead of stopping it... I think I used it three times a day. I also dilated,which, together with Sitz baths eventually relieved the spasms, though I still am not what I was before my fissure. I also applied Vaseline, to outside my anus. That helped me too.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby proudmama25 » 26 Oct 2014, 13:44

I thought what I was seeing on the outside was the fissure but I'd the red swollen bump on the inside the fissure? One of mine is definitely on the inside but the other I thought was on the, Pittsburgh. But I guess if the red swollen area inside is the fissure that would make sense. Idk it looks rather messed up down there.
proudmama25
Fibre Addict

Postby mmklinemm » 28 Oct 2014, 20:30

Nifedipine was healing me until I got stupid with my diet one night and caused a retear. The best description I read on here how to apply it was to think of smearing toothpaste into a crack. I'd do that with a pea-size amount after my BM in the morning, in the afternoon, and before bed. It worked wonders. Mine is compounded with aquaphor, not lidocaine. Have you used lidocaine before? Can people be sensitive to it? I love to use lidocaine before BMs to prevent pain rather than trying to relieve it after-the-fact. Maybe you could get a new prescription and have it compounded with something else?
mmklinemm
VIP

Topics: 13

Postby proudmama25 » 29 Oct 2014, 08:05

No, I've never used lidocaine before. I feel like I'm having more stabbing pains and spasms than before. Had them last night during the middle of the night again. I did over do it physically on Monday which I think irritated the fissures. It feels somewhat raw down there, which I haven't really felt before. I'm going to look for another CRS bc I don't like the one I went to.
proudmama25
Fibre Addict