New and about to lose my mind

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

New and about to lose my mind

Postby Kairo » 28 Oct 2014, 21:50

I'm 41. Male. And have had hemorrhoids before but never anything like this. I had a recent bout of constipation followed by a massive case of hemorrhoids. The roids went away but according to my doctor..I re ruptured a chronic fissure. It's quite large. It reaches from inside out and through my external sphincter and onto the wall of my buttocks. Per my MD I have put neosporin on it. I am using the pain relief formula. I am taking Motrin as well. I have an appt this Friday with a crs. I am terrified this will never heal or that surgery is my only option. I am most scared of incontinence if I have surgery. It is refreshing to learn I am not alone in here but I have never had anything this horrific to happen to me. I am tired of hurting and the ointment and bleeding ruining my clothes. I need some suggestions about what I can do. HELP??!
Kairo

Topics: 1

Re: New and about to lose my mind

Postby Alyssa » 28 Oct 2014, 23:23

In the meantime, you can try doing sitz baths to relief some pain also lubricating the area before bowel movements...
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby Savaici » 29 Oct 2014, 13:34

Welcome to our forum, Kairo, and sorry you are in pain.

The best thing is to see your CRS, and as you have an appointment on Friday, that is a good thing. Please don't worry too much in the meantime, but rather get the advice of your CRS and also look through the posts on here (use the search facility) and you will find that many of us have been exactly where you are at. A vast amount ofinformation on here.

Come back and let us know what the doctor suggests.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Kairo » 04 Nov 2014, 18:26

Update.. CRS appt was friday. He says they're the largest he has seen outside of a trauma case and that there's nothing he could do surgically right now. He sent me home on antibiotics and wants to see me back in 4 weeks. So I started the antibiotics Saturday and am continuing with all the other stuff. Yesterday w as really a good day. But then today was so horrid I had to come home after work instead of going to my class. 2 BMs at work with pain so bad I could hardly stand. I did a sitz this am before work and just got out of one. I'm hopeful this will get better soon. Just wanted to update cause I said I would. Thanks for listening.
Kairo

Postby msimon » 04 Nov 2014, 19:37

WOW Kairo, I have never heard of something being so bad that they wouldn't operate. I would go for a second opinion if I were you. When you say 'they' do you mean roids or fissure(s)?

Did you get any ointment to use to relax the muscle and increase blood flow/healing (nifedipine, nitroglycerine or diltiazem)?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Kairo » 05 Nov 2014, 16:01

I mean fissures when I say they. And I say they because I have 3 of them. They're quite long and extend out beyond my external sphincter onto the wall of my bottom. I had a mild breakdown last night because I was in so much pain. Then today was tolerable until I hot home. Luckily I was able to soak in the tub after I got here. On abx and so far they're just making me gassy. Still taking Motrin and using otc creams for now. No scripts. I'm very limited in the crs I can see because of insurance and to be honest
. If I had to have that camera test again I would not go any way. Stupid I know but I'm so happy to not have cancer I'm willing to wait til Dec and see if they're better.
Kairo

Postby butterball » 06 Nov 2014, 12:30

Sorry for your pain! I'm also 41 (female) and I'm overwhelmed with the fissure I'm dealing with. I'm moving across the US tomorrow to start a new job and I am terrified what that will do to my fissure (on my feet 8 hours a day). I guess the best thing we can do is manage it, which sounds like you are doing. I'm all about the sitz baths. I find the diltiazem does nothing but irritate my fissure! I plan to have surgery to repair it as soon as my insurance and vacation time kick in....living this way for the rest of my life is not an option....we are too young for this nonsense. I had a horrible episode today after eating Chinese food and pan crust pizza yesterday..I can see my diet needs to change for life or this thing will NEVER heal....anyway....I feel for ya...hang in there!
butterball

Postby Savaici » 06 Nov 2014, 13:13

Hi Kairo. I have to say that what you have, and the pain that you ar experiencing, together with the fact that you are taking antibiotics, sounds so much more like a fistula and abcess. A fissure does not usually extend to the buttocks, but rather is confined to the anus and anal canal. Could you look at this link and see what you think: http://lacolon.com/services-and-procedu ... -therapies

So sorry that you are in such pain. :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222