Please help! So much pain...

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Please help! So much pain...

Postby msimon » 21 Nov 2014, 15:01

Sorry to be posting so frequently with all my complaints post-LIS but I really need some help with this one. I have a lot of swelling on the side of the LIS. One hard lump in front and one behind (on the left). The feel hard as a rock and quite the bumpy mass (weird). Anyway, they are so so sore, like strangulated hemmies. DH says they are outside tissue and not hemmies (I'm too scared to look) and they sure don't feel like hemmies as I said they are rock hard. They are getting worse by the day, especially when I stand or try to walk. Have any of you had this? I had LIS a week ago yesterday and while the swelling has come down the pain is getting worse and very localized to this spot. My question is do you think it would be okay to try some hydrocortisone here? I can't see my CRS until next Thursday. Also, the skin over this swelling is so sore I am wondering if I have yeast as it is always wet down there with the drainage. I have started to get the typical knife pains of a yeast infection there now too. Anyone have luck with diflucan for yeast down there?

I am also wondering if the irritation may be due to the sutures? I can't even see them or the incision it's so swollen! :groan:
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: Please help! So much pain...

Postby hopefulbutt » 22 Nov 2014, 14:48

Msimon I had hard bump after first lis- was just from the injection site but unfortunately after second lis I had an abscess. Get it checked out asap if you are concerned.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby msimon » 22 Nov 2014, 16:28

Thanks Hopefulbutt. I am trying to get in to see my CRS. I have an appointment Thursday but will try to get in sooner. The swelling now impairs my ability to poop and pass gas. Had to strain my BM out today and now my incision site and fissure are burning. Oh why didn't I just get more botox instead? This last week has been complete hell! Do you think the Doctor might be able to do something for the swelling, like drain some to relieve the pressure? I just cannot stand it!
msimon

Postby scared ann » 22 Nov 2014, 20:52

im sorry about pain msimon.but I would not try to put any creams it might aggravate more,but that's just me.have you try soaking in warm water?after couple of weeks of my LIS I got abscess/infection from the incision and they told me to soak untill they can check what it was.and it helps a lot.
scared ann
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Savaici » 22 Nov 2014, 22:25

I would go with the soaking too. A Sitz Bath from Rite Aid. I read a post from a nurse who said after her surgery that was the only way she could poop afterwards. Just quickly empty the water. It is a relief for me to use a Sitz Bath. Hope the pain improves soon, msimon. :smilyhug:
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Scientist2516 » 22 Nov 2014, 22:42

I'm so sorry you are having pain, msimon. Are you taking antibiotics? I wonder if your CRS would prescribe them if you tell him about the lumps? Even if you aren't being seen for a while.
I wish I could help, but I've no experience with LIS. But I am thinking of you, and hoping for the best for you.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby msimon » 23 Nov 2014, 00:14

Thanks everyone. I have been soaking a lot. Probably have 5 baths each day. Don't think I could do more. May be making me feel worse as it's always moist down there from seeping all day and then the baths. Maybe I have yeast too now :( I have antibiotics here but everything I read about an abcess indicates it's pointless and it will just need to be drained anyway. I think they may have been more preventative.
msimon

Postby owmybum » 23 Nov 2014, 10:18

I'm so sorry to hear how much pain you are in. There is bound to be lots of pain and swelling. Could you put a cold compress on? After Botox when I was all swelled up with monster hems I held some crushed ice wrapped in some kitchen paper to the area for short bursts. I found it very relieving.
If it really feels like it's getting worse, or you develop a temperature get yourself down to the emergency.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby msimon » 23 Nov 2014, 16:22

Thanks OMB. It feels like hemmies which is weird as I didn't have them before the surgery...either that or I am going to have some massive skin tags. DH says it looks like normal skin but for the last 4 days have not seemed to decrease in size at all. How long did it take for yours to calm down? Did they go away? Do you think warm baths are good or bad. Problem with the ice is that just spreading my cheeks hurts my fissure and incision site. Not sure how to do that without worsening those :(
msimon

Postby owmybum » 24 Nov 2014, 10:40

It took months for my hemmies to calm down I'm afraid!
Warm baths are very relaxing... But I wouldn't over do them.
You don't need to spread your cheeks to get a bit of ice there. You only need a teaspoon full or so of crushed up ice. Pop it in a bit of cling film and sort of mould it long and thin. Cover with a bit of kitchen roll or something, and just place it as near as you can whils laying on your side is best. Short bursts seemed to help me. I just scrapped some ice off the inside of my chest freezer... Was powdery fine and easy to shape.

:smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !