Let there be an end

Lis, lis again, abscess, and fistula?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Let there be an end

Postby Alyssa » 06 Nov 2014, 21:00

Hang in there.
2/14 Fissure developed
3/14 Diagnosed w/ fissure given Nifedipine
4/14 Referred to Pelvic Floor Physical Therapy=Pelvic Floor Dysfunction
5/14 Fissure declared "healed"/chronic anal pain persists
9/5/14 Botox to pelvic floor
9/22 biofeedback
Alyssa
VIP

Topics: 26

Postby rockybalboa76 » 07 Nov 2014, 12:27

Keep fighting and agreed. Talk to you doctor. Also, sometimes, your health care provider might have a 24 hour number where you can call and get a consultation with a nurse. It might be a waste of time but they might be able to answer some of your simpler questions if you can't get through to your doctor. There is hope. It will get better. Just keep moving forward.
rockybalboa76
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Postby hopefulbutt » 18 Nov 2014, 16:49

Day 15 since my last surgery. Honestly I wasn't going to post because I was doing better and just wanted to keep it that way- but today I had to go back to work and I honestly don't know what happened- bm was a little larger than normal, but not hard at all!, and after I went my fissure started to spasm. My spasms last all day long- more of a knot in my butt muscle-all day. I am completely devastated. I actually told hubby that I was so grateful that the lis cured my fissure and I hadnt had fissure pain in 5 weeks. And now this. This has been my second lis. I can't help but wonder if this will get better- or will I possibly need a third lis? How long do I wait? Fissure looks ok outside- like it's healing but the muscle pain is inside just like before. Anyone have ideas? I dug out my old diltiazem cream- which seems to do nothing- and tried that. Out of ideas.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 40

Postby hopefulbutt » 19 Nov 2014, 08:13

Day 16- 5 weeks since my 2nd lis and my fissure is definetley back. I go back to crs dec 10 and I will definitely ask about it- maybe ask for manometery to see if I am still tight or get a second opinion and ask for a third lis. Crazy I know to think of having 3 but I've hears it being done, though rarely. My butt is throbbing. I will search until I find a crs to help me. Even if it's biofeedback or a flap or whatever- but truth is- and I can feel it- the muscle is tight. It's like my butt took a nice 5 week rest and the. Decided to jump back to its tightness. Definetley not too loose anymore. The question is- how long do I wait before I know this didn't work. I mean if I am re-tearing at 5 weeks is there still hope? Or should I not wait anymore in pain and beg for tests proving the muscle is tight???? Just when I was mentally feeling better, I'm very down now and thinking more about St. John wart or some anti anxiety meds.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 19 Nov 2014, 18:13

Hopefulbutt, I think there is a very good chance that your LIS surgery can still help heal your fissure. I believe when they cut the IS it never grows back and so the bottom part of the anus where fissures reside should not be able to spasm. If it is, it is not the internal sphincter. Have you tried soaking in a warm bath or using a heating pad? I just had LIS and my internal sphincter has been spasming horribly, but it feels higher up. Unfortunately, LIS does nothing to stop the rest of the muscle from spasming. Had I known that a week ago I would have kept getting botox :(

Don't lose hope. It's still early. :hugs:
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby hopefulbutt » 22 Nov 2014, 14:55

Nov 22. Day something. 6 weeks since my second lis. My fissures not much better since I retire it. Muscle still hurts- that's the only part. Not even sure how since I've had two lis. Gone are the relaxed bum hole days. Used to even have incomplete bms because it wouldn't close all the way- wish that was back over this. Anyway, back on the dilt cream, though I don't think it does much. Going to do my best until I see crs dec 10. I'm not waiting 10 months like I did after my first lis to see if I will heal. Maybe some tests can show what's going on and another lis or botox. The only up side is my abscess hole is so much smaller and hardly hurts as well as my fistula. Woo. At least one thing is healing.
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby hopefulbutt » 24 Nov 2014, 09:24

Nov 24 and same old same old. Abcess hole is healing beautifully. Fissure inside so I can't see how it's doing. Muscle still hurts during bm and after all day. Gas is still easier though so hubby says not to give up hope. Honestly if crs offered 3rd lis to me I'd jump on the table today though! Healing from lis is so much easier than living with a fissure. :nope:
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby owmybum » 24 Nov 2014, 10:41

:smilyhug: :smilyhug:
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby hopefulbutt » 27 Nov 2014, 14:58

Thanks omb! How are you doing? Thanksgiving today and trying to be grateful for all the good things in my life. Also wish wondering if i will be fissure free next thanksgiving. My retorn fissure is still there, perhaps a bit smaller as the burning isn't as bad- though the muscle pain is. I feel inside with my pinky and can feel the skin tag from it me still burns when cream gets on it. Don't mind all that- it's just that sore muscle. Honestly don't feel much looser than I was two lis ago. At least gas is a little easier. Trying to stay positive and yet also trying to come to terms that I my have to live with this a while longer. It's been 1.5 weeks since I retore so I'm not sure if it will heal on its own yet. I've had 5, yes 5, anal surgeries in the last 12 months. 3 of them in the last 2. I will still have to have another to get my seton out. And perhaps another lis or botox. Wonder if the flap would work for me?
hopefulbutt
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby woundedspirit » 28 Nov 2014, 01:06

Hi hopeful. I am trying to be thankful too on this day. It helps to concentrate on the good we have in our life even though it is always shadowed by the grim facts of our fissures. Hope you have some good healing coming your way very soon here.
Hemorrhoid Surgery
Scar Tissue
2 Anal Fissures
Failure of All Topical Treatments
Failed LIS
[size=85]EUA and Fissurectomy
Hoping to avoid Flap Surgery
woundedspirit
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 12