WHAT A BUMMER!!! 10 years of a pain in the a$$

This explains my journey with fissures in as short a way as possible

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

WHAT A BUMMER!!! 10 years of a pain in the a$$

Postby ouchmybutt805 » 30 Nov 2014, 12:05

So it all started ten years ago I was 21 and trying to experience anal play and put toy up my butt and "ouch"- fissure time. Since then it has happened on and off for years and it seems that last year it finally got so bad it would not heal for about one year. At this point today I would say that the last three months I have had no fissures about 80 percent of the time which is really good for me. I am finding that bread just seems to be a bad idea and hydration is definitely a factor in causing the fissure. I am kinda embarrassed to say that I have not gone to a doctor about it. I guess it has seemed manageable and it seems that I would only try surgery if nothing else was working. THIS IS REALLY HARD.
I have to watch EVERYTHING i eat it seems. I also have found that eating late at night is a bad idea as it seems that the stool compact when I am asleep. I am hoping and hoping that if i just keep doing what I have been doing the last four months it will eventually recover. I also wonder if once it is healed it is maybe possible to stretch the butt out gently with lube and stuff rather than do surgery. I am not sure about this.
Bottom line this is frustrating to say the least but I do feel like the months of no fissures I have experienced recently give me hope that I will someday be successful. At this point it honestly seems like I do the right things and it goes away then I forget about it and eat whatever and it comes back. I am actually beginning to see the cause and effect of my fissure reoccurrence
. I can see how I get stressed, don't drink enough water, eat whatever I feel like and BAM...FISSURE TIME USA!!!!

I would be more likely to try surgery but it seems to have mixed results of success. :butthurts:

so for ow I think I will just keep doing what I have been doing with the goal of stretching out my butt once it heals this next time. This is a bummer for sure. right now I am off to get a fiber supplement I saw someone mention on here.
ouchmybutt805

Topics: 1

Re: WHAT A BUMMER!!! 10 years of a pain in the a$$

Postby Scientist2516 » 30 Nov 2014, 23:32

Hi Ouch,
10 years is a heck of a time to put up with this. I know you say it seems manageable, but why not go to a doctor? Maybe you could get it cured once for all. Surgery is not the only option. There are medications that relax the anus and help healing.
Plus, if you get repeated fissures, it wouldn't hurt to get checked for IBS and/or Crohn's disease, which are both factors for fissures. Then you can get advice on your diet, and proper treatment.
You can do anal dilation: read this great thread here:http://anal-fissure.org/self-dilation-t4261-200.html#p111427
Savaici has some really good advice on page 21, 21 Nov 2014, 02:25
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Re: WHAT A BUMMER!!! 10 years of a pain in the a$$

Postby ouchmybutt805 » 06 Mar 2015, 19:42

scientist yeas I appreciate the feedback. I just recently got medical insurance and will be making an appt this week. I really appreciate the feedback I didn't know that was available. I guess I had a bad experience with some chronic neck pain and western medicine so I think I just kinda swore I never would go back. I am also going to order these anal dilation tools thanks so much for the support
ouchmybutt805

Topics: 1