Hems or skin tags? (They're the same size as my hems were?)

Do you have Hemorrhoids and are contemplating or have had a Hemorrhoidectomy? If you are thinking of surgery, or want to ask questions on anything to do with Hemorrhoids, or want to share with others who have been through this, this is the place!

Return to Hemorrhoids and Hemorrhoidectomy

Hems or skin tags? (They're the same size as my hems were?)

Postby Mae » 31 Dec 2014, 13:36

Last month if you guys remember I was having some bleeding and a constant feeling of swelling/pressure so I used a mirror to check it out and noticed some lumps... I started eating better and got over my constipation which completely cured the bleeding and swollen feeling. However, I cheated on my healthy diet over Christmas and ended up with a few days of diarrhea... Now I've been itchy back there. I figured it was just dry skin from taking really hot showers but I took a quick look anyway and noticed the bumps were still there... However there's no swollen feeling or bleeding so does that just mean these are just skin tags now? They're the same color as my skin, well one is slightly darker but they're causing no feelings of discomfort other than the itching-- which probably isn't hemorrhoid related cuz (1) it's gotten better since I started taking cooler showers and (2) it's gotten better with just Aquaphor lotion, no hydrocortisone lotion needed. But I'm basically just pretty disgusted with my body these days. I'm equally disgusted by either possibility-- the one where my hems are coming back, and also the one where these are skin tags I'm just gonna have to deal with for the rest of my life.
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38

Re: Hems or skin tags? (They're the same size as my hems wer

Postby msimon » 31 Dec 2014, 17:16

Hi Mae. Glad to hear that things improved for you. It is entirely possible that you now have skin tags. Skin tags often remain after a bout of hemmies and can often be very sensitive, get itchy and irritated very easily. Are they a different colour than a month ago or look smaller/more inflated? If so, I wouldn't think the hemmies are back, just tags that are irritated. Tags often reduce in size over time but often result when there is trauma to the area (often result from surgery, which is why it is often futile to try to remove them). Many people have these and you shouldn't feel bad about your body as a result. They often come about for no apparent reason and in many areas of the body. Glad you found something that brings some relief. I myself like zinc diaper cream. It coats very well and I think helps heal the sore tissue. Many people on here really like coconut oil on their fissures. I wonder if that would help you.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: Hems or skin tags? (They're the same size as my hems wer

Postby Mae » 31 Dec 2014, 17:20

They don't really look like skin tags that people have on other parts of their body. They're softer. And they look pretty much the same size as when I first noticed them a month ago, really.
● Fissure first appeared Nov '14
● Cycle of healing and reappearing
● Using conservative methods (metamucil, managing anxiety)
Mae
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 38