Glad to be here

Intro

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Glad to be here

Postby Busymum149 » 22 Feb 2015, 02:48

Hi. I've had problems since birth of first child 11 years ago. I've learnt a lot over the years thru trial and error and wish I'd heard your stories years ago. I originally was troubled with haemarhoids but the last few years it's been a chronic AF. I've stopped eating as much, changed my diet (minimal carbs, minimal red meat, no spicy food, no desserts, no alcohol), drink lots of water, Metamucil 2x daily, kiwi fruit daily (I'm in New Zealand). Mostly the shared stories of the deep sadness which you feel battling away with this has resonated. For me it's when you feel the tear & see the blood and ... Not again. and it makes me feel lazy as I'm lying down and declining to go biking with the kids etc. or out at drinks with friends and feeling that things are not right down below so I'm distracted and interacting in black and white instead of colour. So thank you for your wisdom and your honesty. Particularly The Scientist.
Busymum149

Topics: 1

Re: Glad to be here

Postby Scientist2516 » 22 Feb 2015, 11:08

Hi Busymum, we are glad you found us, but sorry you have to be here. "Interacting in black and white instead of colour" is a fantastic way to put it. Wow.
The good side of it is that when you do get better, normal feelings, enthusiasm and joy come back.
Are you seeing a doctor? Have you tried the ointments, have you considered surgery? 11 years is a heck of a long time. Tell us more about yourself. Maybe you can heal.
Thanks for the lovely compliment. You've made my day.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16