CNN on the warning of Botox?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: CNN on the warning of Botox?

Postby Guest » 12 Feb 2008, 17:44

Hello,

I saw that on CNN also, But I have had 2 shots and they have helped me greatly. I am even scheduled for a third shot I am considering cancelling. I have 2 more weeks and we will see. The pain is just about gone so I might not get it. But I think Botox is ok to use just not in high doses.

Patty

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Feb 2008, 20:39

Hi Patty : ),
Botox is safe in "safe hands" . Your CRS obviously knows what he/she is doing. Safe dose and correct placement of a needle is the key to success and a way to avoid the disaster.Your CRS never even caused infection or hit a vein or caused any problem and obviously knows how to do Botox and uses correct dose. If I were you I would probably go ahead and have the third shot since it helped you greatly and last shot would ensure that fissure heals completely and you do not risk reopening : (. I am the one who never tries drugs and treatments unless they are at least 5-10 years on the market and in practice, but in your particular case (if I were you) I think you should "seal the deal" as you once said yourself.
Best of luck Patty, and whatever you decide, you know that you tried Botox too ; ))) !!!
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby dano » 12 Feb 2008, 22:04

this has been in magizines too,seems that botox bashing is the new craze???
dano
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 13

Postby Fissulyna » 12 Feb 2008, 22:32

I must admit that I didn't see the news or read it in a papers, I was just skeptical after reading results and scared after I read disclaimer
given to me by CRS which stated possibility of infection, thrombosis
of hemorrhoids, possibility of Botox "traveling" to different parts of a body and that there were documented cases of death. So, I figured , if I am going to take any risk it will be with LIS . My doctor friend also told me not to "experiment" , but she is ultra conservative with all treatments in general and I made my decision even before her input. FDA is too quick with approving drugs and so many get pulled from the market after disastrous results. To have adequate data doctors collect reports for years and only after 5-10 years (after thousands of samples) they can say with certainty after statistical evaluations if drug is safe or not. That is why after 10 years of hormonal replacement for menopausal women they finally were able to see that they were doing more harm than good - Estrogen was causing exact the same medical problem that it was supposed to prevent - it caused more strokes and heart attacks !!! Just couple weeks ago one of the Statins was pulled from the market in a haste - just wait and see what will happen with the rest of them in couple of years (Lipitor and such).
Unfortunately , we have to rely on our own brains and good judgment, FDA is in cahoot with pharmaceutical industry and when profit stands between patients and treatment- profit wins as always and as with everything else in todays world : (((.
Fissulyna
VIP

Topics: 61

Postby Guest » 13 Feb 2008, 17:04

Hey Fissy!

I am not worried about the Botox at all. Dano is right it is time to bash Botox according to the media. I am feeling better and I am thinking I might not need it. Some times it hurts ans sometimes it doesn't during a BM. This is a bad time of year to be traveling to Rochester with the snow and ice. I have two more weeks to decide if I want to keep the appt. We will see. I think if I stick to my routime which I have and stay on the stool softners I should be ok. I know one thing the anxiety with this AF has decreased greatly.

Thanks
Patty