Advice about cycling please

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Advice about cycling please

Postby boulderguy » 24 Mar 2015, 14:53

@Broncosgirl: The CRS who did my second surgery was Eben Strobos in Golden. (303) 940-8200

I'm better but still not right, after nearly two years. After my November surgery I waited about a month to get back on my back, slowly ramping up the effort. I was fine for about three weeks and then ... not so fine. Seems like I develop either hemorrhoids or another tear whenever I strain in the bathroom. Something about cycling contracts the sphincter and I'm back in that awful loop again. I had to face the possibility of giving up riding altogether.

This time around I decided to see a gastroenterologist to try to deal with whatever is causing the strain. He put me back on daily Miralax, high fiber, six-week course of Diltiazem, a colonoscopy. Doesn't think I need to quit cycling but may need to lower the intensity. Will see him again in a few weeks and take it from there. I went for my first ride in weeks yesterday, just an easy 10 miles or so. I was OK on the bike, felt a little discomfort after but I'm all right today.

And so it goes.
boulderguy
Fibre Addict

Re: Advice about cycling please

Postby Broncosgirl » 24 Mar 2015, 18:48

I am sorry to hear things have not completely healed. I hope they will enough so you can keep doing what you love.
Broncosgirl
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 11