Bleeding Again...

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Re: Bleeding Again...

Postby Guest » 17 Feb 2008, 08:01

Hi Motherluch
I share your anguish at bleeding again. After not bleeding for the past 2 weeks, I had a hard BM a couple of days ago & bled a fair bit & it was quite painful.
I hope the advice people have given you is helping. I can't add much, only to say I hope the bleeding stops soon & the pain disappears quickly.

Postby motherluch » 17 Feb 2008, 08:55

Thanks everyone for your replies and sharing your stories with me, it definitely helps to calm my nerves!!
I am still seeing blood when I go to the bathroom although it is not as much as the other day thankfully. I have upped my magnesium which is helping me to keep things soft and avoiding pushing. I am still seeing streaks of blood on the stool and there definitely is more blood at the end of the stool, and when I am done it seems that is when I see a splat of blood come out and then it seems to stop.
Sorry to be so graphic but aren't we all here at one time or another??!! Just curious if anyone else sees that kind of bleeding with BMs.
Lecia, it seems you described this type of bleeding, do you experience this every day? I am just about sure this is from an internal hemorrhoid. I worry that it could be from some other source up higher, but then if it was I don't think my stool would be streaked, that seems to be from something it is passing along in the anal canal, do you agree?
Just trying to calm my nerves here...thanks so much for listening and replying everyone. Hope you all are having a great day!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 25

Postby motherluch » 17 Feb 2008, 08:57

Brett, do you think your bleeding is from the fissure or hemorrhoids?? I see you had surgery on both. I feel for you, hope you are on the mend! By the way, your wedding picure is beautiful!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Guest » 17 Feb 2008, 22:48

Hi Motherluch
I'm sure it's the scabs from the internal hemmorhoids & polyps that caused my bleeding the other day. My stool was too hard & it must have scraped the scabs on the way out. It was my fault - I didn't take my normal 2 doces of psyllium husk for 1 day & didn't drink enough water. Goes to show you can't get too complacent when you think all is fine. I only bled during 2 BMs. I had a long, hot salty bath after both BMs, which I'm sure helped the healing process. For the first 3 weeks after surgery I had 4-5 hot salty baths per day & I'm sure that sped up my recovery quite a lot. Eating soup, fruit & veges, drinking plenty of water & staying off my feet also really helped. As did corresponding with people in this forum & listening to their advice.
Hope you recover quickly & without too much pain.

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Feb 2008, 11:06

I think the thing to keep in mind, is if the bleeding stops immediately after the BM, that you have damaged *something* bet I the fissure, hemmy, or whatever. As Lecia has pointed out before, the area is very rich in tiny blood vessels, many of which are already very traumatized with each BM, regardless of whether they bleed or not during the BM.
ML, you describe the blood pattern exactly as mine was once. Which give me confidence that it is nothing to get too concerned about, but it is scary!
Deleted User 5

Postby motherluch » 18 Feb 2008, 11:43

Thanks Kim!
motherluch
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Deleted User 5 » 18 Feb 2008, 11:49

You're welcome, ML, and I sincerely hope everything is less bloody now, and less painful!
Deleted User 5