Scar tissue or reopening of fissurectomy

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 31 Mar 2015, 13:36

Hi I am new to this fantastic site but not new to fissures and their torment. I had two fissurectomies and a LIS last September and have not been the same since. One of the fissures was very deep and and took me a couple of months to heal. In the meantime my pelvic floor suffered from lack of normal activity ie. I was laying and not sitting and not doing my normal daily walking. Sitting down one day with very tight glutes/pelvic floor muscles I tore something in what felt like my rectum. The result of the injury has only just been diagnosed as muscle spasm in levator ani muscles but most of the symtoms have always been a pulling, burning feeling in one side of rectum, opposite to where surgery was. Recently I have been doing exercises as instructed by physio to stretch glutes and help with coccyx pain and have now started to feel pain inside rectum where I remember fissures were. Has anybody ever reopened a fissure scar or is it possible to stretch it a bit and feel similar feelings to a new fissure? Seems I cant help myself for hurting myself! Hopefully someone out there has experienced something similar. Thank you for reading
Deleted User 4175

Re: Scar tissue or reopening of fissurectomy

Postby owmybum » 10 Apr 2015, 16:28

Hi,
I can often feel really sore where my fissure has healed. I think it's the scar tissue and damaged nerves. I'm sure you are not tearing again, but it takes a while for the sensitive new skin to calm down.
Maybe do less stretching, or hold the stretches for less time.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Re: Scar tissue or reopening of fissurectomy

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 11 Apr 2015, 04:41

thank you owmybum. That is reassuring and good advise. Will probably always be wary though. Wish I could just relax and forget about my bum!
Deleted User 4175