anal fissure

i have no pain just bleeding

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

anal fissure

Postby Emi3 » 11 Apr 2015, 22:09

hi everyone , let me start by saying im glad i found this forum. It all started 4 months ago with contipaion and since than i had pain with bowel movement every time i was afraid to go to the bathroom it was bleeding alot too i had a colonoscopy which didnt reveal the fissure after colonoscopy i was bleeding and had pain i went to see another gi doctor who did a digital rectal exam and i felt pain he said ihad a fissure gave me nitroglycerin cream ive been usin that for 2 weeks along with change in diet more fruits and fiber so everything seemed to heal and with the cream i had no pain or blood for 2 weeks until today i had soft Bm and blood in stool and on paper towel so i freaked out again thinking maybe its not a fissure maybe is something bad that i have has anyone experienced a fissure bleed without pain?
Emi3

Topics: 1

Re: anal fissure

Postby Savaici » 12 Apr 2015, 08:50

Yes, occasionally have experienced blood with no pain. Hemorrhoids can bleed. If it is red blood and fresh looking, I would not worry. If it is darker, I would see your doctor. If you are worried, the best person is your doctor.
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Emi3 » 12 Apr 2015, 09:00

Hi. Thanks for your reply. The blood is red just like when you cut your finger red , but it's quite a lot for fissure and as for Hemorrooids doctor said he didn't see any when I saw him 2 weeks ago. I also have loose stools a lot I woke up at 4am had minor cramps and went to bathroom it was loose but had little blood
Emi3

Postby pinpin » 12 Apr 2015, 09:04

Sounds like fissure, if blood is bright red. I would recommend to visit doctor, and beforehand you reach him/her, please change your diet, eat vegetables, fruits and give time to heal fissure, if it is acute and you do right things right, there is good chance to heal it immediately.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Topics: 42
Mood: Good

Postby Emi3 » 12 Apr 2015, 09:14

Thanks. I will make an apt although I have an apt in 3 weeks but I'll see him before because I'm worried of blood and no pain. Should I just ask for anoscopy would that show if anything alse is going on ?
Emi3

Postby pinpin » 13 Apr 2015, 10:19

Hmm, don't hurry with anoscopy, it can make things worsen, if doctor does not insist, don't request it.
Sometimes doctors can see fissure right away, without anoscopy.
07.02.2013 - got open hemorrhoidectomy, leaded to slow healing wound. Link to story
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator

Postby Emi3 » 13 Apr 2015, 20:36

Only reason I want anoscopy is because I want to make sure it's not anal cancer I'm scared to death. and I'm back on antidepressants for my anxiety because of this is been going on for almost 4 months .. I have bleeding on and off but I've had pain with bowel movement also so now it's no pain .. And my stool is soft . I also had colonoscopy done 1 month ago but I've read that colonoscopy can't detect anal cancer
Emi3

Postby pinpin » 14 Apr 2015, 02:48

I might be wrong, but colonoscopy is more advanced than anoscopy. It provides much more details as investigates entire colon. Anoscopy does it only for very beginning. Please confirm this with doctor also.

Antidepressants is good thing when you fight with anxiety and fissure is always connected to mental heath. Also I read somewhere, they help in wound healing process! Don't be afraid to take them.

Keep you diet, don't strain and bleeding will definitely dissaper
11.12.2013 - LIS surgery
pinpin
Administrator