Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Postby Williams » 12 Apr 2015, 23:12

Well, my first introduction totally erased on me, so I will keep this one short. I'm glad to stumble across this website, I already browsed around a little, and even though i understand the pains, it's comforting to relate to people dealing with the same issues. I've been through the whole process now and look to provide support and encouragement where I can. I just had a Sphincteratomy. I look forward to having interactions with anyone, for me this has been an emotional toll personally and professionally. I had a fissure for 10 months now, had my Fistulatomy in Feb.
Diltiazem ointment/Aug 14 (worked for about 2 months then started having irritations from both ointment and creme)
Botox and Seton/Dec 14
Seton removed and Fistulatomy/Feb 15
Sphincteratomy/Apr 15
Williams

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie

Postby msimon » 13 Apr 2015, 02:28

Welcome to the forum. DId you have your sphincterotomy for a fissure? How is your recovery going?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Re: Newbie

Postby Williams » 14 Apr 2015, 01:50

Thank you. I had my Spincteratomy 8 Apr. My recovery is going well I guess. I don't have the spasm for hours after BMs. The surgery has done what it is intended to do. I'm still tender down there and experience pain levels 4/5 after BMs, which is from the fissure itself. Which I'm told will just have to heal on its own. So unfortunately, I'm still taking Ibprofen, Valium and Percocet as needed. I haven't been too comfortable walking around a lot or prolonged standing, little irritating at times. I return to work tomorrow so that will be another step for me to test my healing. I read on here that coconut oil will help the fissure, so I have adopted that, and made suppositories.
Diltiazem ointment/Aug 14 (worked for about 2 months then started having irritations from both ointment and creme)
Botox and Seton/Dec 14
Seton removed and Fistulatomy/Feb 15
Sphincteratomy/Apr 15
Williams

Topics: 1