The tedious path to full recovery

Cured!

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

The tedious path to full recovery

Postby bass.adddict » 05 May 2015, 05:56

I hope all members are doing good. I had a fissure about 15 days ago and my internal sphincter went into an uncomfortable spasm. I had difficulty urinating as well. I had this tight feeling in my perineum and the sphincter all the time. Finally I decided to go see a doctor and he prescribed GTN (Glyceryl trinitrate) 3 times a day, Cremeffin (cream of magnesia) and sitz baths.
What I did was instead of sitz baths, I would take a plastic bottle and fill it with hot water. I used to wrap it up with a cloth and sit over it for about 40 to 60 mins. This used to help me so much with the pain and the itch. For about 10 days, I was feeling so miserable that I actually went in depression. Provided the side effects of the GTN cream, I was becoming a lifeless dummy. I used to feel depressed in the office, the pain, itch and the tightness made me stand all day through the 8 working hours. And then on day 11, I started to feel much better suddenly, the pain was almost gone, the itch was bearable and I felt less tight down there. Day 16 and I am no longer feeling any pain, itch or tightness. GTN, Cremeffin and the hot water bottles really worked for me and by the grace of All Mighty, I am fine now. I am working out again and life has never been better. I hope this medication helps those in need.

Regards and stay blessed.
bass.adddict

Topics: 1

Re: The tedious path to full recovery

Postby Scientist2516 » 05 May 2015, 11:59

Hi Bass.addict, thanks for telling us your story! It's always great to hear success stories.
Congratulations on healing. We all understand the pain and depression. It sounds as though your healing was quite fast, so I'm very happy for you.
I'm another great believer in heat to the anus. It was a huge part of my healing.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby bass.adddict » 06 May 2015, 00:16

Yes heat used to relax me a lot. Now I use Hadensa herbal cream twice a day to shrink any hemorrhoids that may have swollen too.
bass.adddict

Topics: 1

Postby Fissurefrustration » 06 May 2015, 01:20

Congratulations on healing!

An acute fissure like yours had a much higher chance of healing than a chronic one, so well done for nipping it in the bud.

Fingers crossed you stay healed and are able to get on & enjoy life
Ff x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56