Diary

Diary

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Diary

Postby Mainst74 » 18 May 2015, 12:35

Brief history Oct 14 - Feb 15

Pain and bleeding queried hemmies, over counter remedies no success. Heavy bleeding on BM GP referral for colonoscopy. Further heavy bleeding of old clotted blood, urgent referral requested.

Booked in after exam by consultant and colonoscopy under sedation. Heavy bleeding and poor BM accompanied by internal pain. Bank of blood and stool tests undertaken. Colonoscopy under sedation not possible, to much swelling. Re booked under GA. Still bleeding and swollen, Colonoscopy and biopsies taken and queried "lump" removed.

This when the trouble really set in. Evening of operation at home after discharge, pain 10/10 only advised to take paracetamol. No sleep and most of the night spent In the bath. No BM and heavy bleeding.

On day 2 taken to doctors and given tramadol for pain and Laxido for BM.

Week 2 given all clear on results, no cancer.

Over the next 6 weeks of several visits to the GP, high pain levels poor BM, broken sleep and poor moods I was referred back to consultant.

Saw the consultants registrar, amazing guy, beloved in what I was going through, and after a careful and respectful exam confirmed I have a fissure, and given GTN cream and info on diet re my newly developed IBS condition.

Regular full baths and 3x application of GTN decent sleep has returned, BM still sporadic, either constipated or very loose. Either way very painful.

After discovering AF and reading a lot I tried on Friday, coconut oil made into suppositories.. Nearly instant relief, I would recommend coconut oil to anyone to try.

For the past 3 days my spasms have reduced and no searing pain. Tender when BM with only a little blood on the paper and clean pads during the day, and pad free at night, Ohh the freedom.

I am no where sorted yet but enjoying being pain free except for the boil kind of lump which has appeared about an inch from my anus, I just hope this isn't anything that's tracked from within?

Will keep you all posted on who things progress. Keep strong and enjoy the day free moments.

Pxx
Suffered since Oct 14.
Colonoscopy under sedation Feb 15 -Failure
Colonoscopy under GA with biopsies taken
GTN
Hot baths
Laxido
Coconut Oil
Tramadol
Ibroprufen
Mainst74
Fibre Addict

Topics: 2

Re: Diary

Postby Mainst74 » 19 May 2015, 11:52

Oh dear diary.. What a day!

It appears slight relief from one thing then something else comes along... So far had an ok day re pain and not many spasms but as of yet no BM.. Not forcing the issue!!

Had to see GP today re a lump on my buttock turns out I have an abscess, antibiotics for a week.. Having lost weight recently, not that there was a lot to lose, I asked him to check an issue in my groin and low and behold I now have a hernia requiring surgery.

My medical appointments are going to require a diary of their own soon...

Trying to keep upbeat, not sure if to laugh or cry, either way I had better be gentle.. Don't want to further damage either...
Suffered since Oct 14.
GTN
Hot baths
Laxido
Coconut Oil
Tramadol
Ibroprufen
Mainst74
Fibre Addict

Postby Scientist2516 » 19 May 2015, 21:08

Oh no! What terrible luck.
I hope you get the very best of care. Keep us posted on ALL your problems.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Mainst74 » 27 May 2015, 16:44

Hi all,

Just a quick check in... Pain during the day is bearable 2/3 /10 BM are still proving problematic, still bleeding into pan and on paper, but thought I had got a routine going.. Laxative in a morning followed by poor BM and bath, I was managing ok, not ideal but bearable as getting a good nights sleep is certainly helping my mood..

This evening it has all gone wrong, violent stomach cramps and hasty BM, think something had upset my stomach, substantial bleeding followed by 7/10 spasms.. Back in the bath with pain subsiding...

I am still using GTN and Coconut Oil but no painkillers... I may have got a little ahead of myself, in the "I am getting there thoughts".

As I have been having very few spasms I have been more active, admitly I have been sore, the internal something rough is rubbing feeling but after relaxing for a while its eased.. Perhaps i just need to ease up again..?

Regarding my last diary entry the absces has more or less healed and I am still waiting for a date for the Hernia... I think 2015 will be memorable but not necessarily for the right reasons..

Onwards and upwards... Keep strong everyone.
Suffered since Oct 14.
GTN
Hot baths
Laxido
Coconut Oil
Tramadol
Ibroprufen
Mainst74
Fibre Addict