6 months...what to do??

Feedback greatly appreciated...Scientist :)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: 6 months...what to do??

Postby Canadabum » 24 May 2015, 11:49

Thank you all for your kind words. It helps for sure. I am trying to busy mysel and keep my chin up...just scared of what might come next really.

I have been trying to firm up...maybe a bit too successfully, because I have been dealing with the il opposite reality of diarrhea which has been a nuisance to my life/schedule.

Chacha...I don't think it is a hemmie. I had a little blood on the tp and. It in bowl as well I felt a bit of a twinge...honestly though, I have no idea what it is...just want it gone.

I am back to treating my behind with kid gloves for now...I am hoping for the best. Thanks again for the kind words.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby chachacha » 24 May 2015, 12:07

Yes, and when we love hearing about others having a great "dump" too! :affraid:
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Postby Scientist2516 » 25 May 2015, 22:33

Hopefully you'll be fine in a day or two, Canada. I used to get that "something down there's not quite right" feeling. I'd go back on my favourite Kondremul (my stool softener of choice), sit on my hot water bottle, and in couple of days I'd be fine.
I do believe that one day all this will be behind you (no pun intended!), as it is for me. Remember, it can take a long time. But you will get there in the end.
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby Canadabum » 26 May 2015, 09:22

Thanks for the words of encouragement....not to jinx things but today has been a bit better....more awareness of something off down there but no real pain and no blood thankfully...I am hopeful.

Ive added back 150mg of magnesium citrate to soften things up and am eating more carefully, added some heat yesterday and took a couple baths over the weekend...will continue this sort of stuff for a bit and see what happens.

Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby msimon » 26 May 2015, 12:38

Glad to hear you are feeling a bit better. At least things are going in the right direction.

Wishing you continued healing.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Canadabum » 04 Jun 2015, 23:42

Hi all....just a quick update and question. Since my setback last week or so it took me about a week to feel much better...but never 100%. I always am aware of something down there....well yesterday for some reason that awareness was more in the forefront and this morning when i went to the bathroom i had a slightly larger movement (though it was not large compared to my "normal" life experience) and looked down and again saw the dreaded blood streaks.

I am soooo pissed that this thing continues and continues and continues....and quite frankly am scared that tomorrow will be more blood and possibly the pain. The fear is really what gets me the most....i hate it.

I should rename my post to 8 months....what to do?? Hard for me to believe i have been dealing with this for 8 freakin months...just want this to be over already. I can only hope that such a day will come.

I wish i knew what i could do at this point to help myself. I eat well, try and apply heat, use creams, take magnesium, eat probiotics....what gives!

Has anyone out there tried therapies like laser therapy or ultrasound....the sort of thing a physio would use on you to stimulate blood flow to a damaged area. I am wondering if that is something i should explore.

Anyways...thanks for reading my rant. This is all so draining and I am so thankful I can share some of this with you all...deeply appreciated.

Best to all,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby msimon » 05 Jun 2015, 02:41

I am so sorry to hear of your setback Canadabum. My heart sank when I read about the blood streaks. Have you ever tried or considered trying dilation? I am seeing a physio now as my pelvic pain has been exacerbated by all this and she is a firm believer in mobilizing scar tissue and that the area has to be regularly disturbed and stretched, in a controlled manner, of course. We haven't yet gotten to working the tissue directly for me as I am still not healed enough but she mobilizes indirectly through the vaginal wall (a benefit for us females I suppose). There are some on here that have had really good success with dilation and I am definitely going to do it when I think my tissue is strong enough. I just keep thinking that area has just got to be able to heal around being stretched but how? Arg.

I know what you mean as I just realized the other day that it had been 7 months since my LIS and 4 months since my unroofing surgery. I can't believe it! And it's been 7 months of hell too. I have still not gotten back to anything of a routine yet and barely get around. Draining indeed!

I am crossing my fingers that you have a nice smooth, pain-free, bloodless BM. Hope you feel better real soon.
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Fissurefrustration » 05 Jun 2015, 06:25

So sorry to hear this CB and know exactly what you mean.

Any setback no matter how bad or minor is so heartbreaking. Especially seeing blood!! Just keep the faith and stay in your regeime, have you tried raising your feet up on a stool when you go to the loo? I found that helped a lot.

massive hugs
FF x
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Darialuce » 08 Jun 2015, 02:02

Hi.. uhm i am also new here and i am wondering if i have an ordinary skin tag or a sentinel pile. Because i have this flappy skin on my anus at 6 o'clock and i have had this since i was a kid. It's small and pink and kinda swells during a bm. I don't have a tear though and no pain as well. I only experience a burning sensation after BM. Is this serious? Is this a chronic fissure?
Darialuce
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby Scientist2516 » 13 Jun 2015, 16:26

Hi Darialuce,
I highly recommend you start your own topic. People will come to this topic to get updates on Canadabum. I want people to see and answer your question, so go to general-anal-fissure-discussion-f4.html, introduce yourself, and ask your question there. Good luck!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here