Avoiding Botox and surgery

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Avoiding Botox and surgery

Postby Tushi » 10 Jun 2015, 11:31

I was first diagnose with af 40 yrs ago. Before, Af would open very sporadically and healed within days. This is the first time I was in excruciating pain, bleeding daily and lasting already close to 2 months since first symptom.
I had Rectiv 0.4% and now I am on c-nitrog/dilt 0.2% /2% ointment, 3 x day. Along with this, I use calmol suppositories 2 x day, am and before bedtime, soaking with epson salts, no spicy food, no alcohol. Stool softener and 1 tsp olive oil at bedtime.
Pain has become mild discomfort only a few hrs after bm. Some blood when wiping but very little and some days none.
Botox and surgery terrify me, so I'm determined to stick to treatment until healing completely. My one concern is that this episode was cause not by hard stool but just by mild pushing once or twice. What am I going to do when travelling since change of geographic location and time zone always mess my bowels? Any advice?
Tushi
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Re: Avoiding Botox and surgery

Postby owmybum » 11 Jun 2015, 14:40

Just remember to drink plenty.... Especially if you are travelling by a plane, they can be so dehydrating. Take all your creams with you too.

Try not to worry.... And have a great time!!
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Tushi » 11 Jun 2015, 15:48

Thanks for your encouraging words!
A question about fiber. I'm in USA and have been taking Konsyl instead of Metamucil. I need now to reorder but I just realized that the 'original' formula is diff from the 'easy to take' one which, besides psyllium contains:

Psyllium Hydrophilic Mucilloid 4.3g Inactive Ingredients: Maltodextrin, silicon dioxide

Are the inactive unpronounceable ingredients a concern?
Tushi
Salt Bather

Postby owmybum » 12 Jun 2015, 10:51

I'm not really sure about konsyl or Metamucil.... But the ingredient maltodextrin is not one I would be happy taking regularly. Have you tried lactulose or mirilax?? They are more of a stool softener than a fibre type medicine. I take movicol which is an English version of mirilax and make sure I eat a healthy diet with plenty of fruits and veggies, that way I don't need extra fibre.

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Tushi » 12 Jun 2015, 21:50

I just googled Maltodextrin. I now bought the regular Konsyl which is just pur phsyllium. I only take before bedtime.pmfor fiber Although I think I keep a pretty healthy diets with veggies and fruit, I need more bulk.
Anyway, thanks for your reply now I k to stick to the regular Konsyl without Maltodextrin. I'll check the ones you mention to see if they have them in USA.
Tushi
Tushi
Salt Bather