Please help me

anal fissure

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Please help me

Postby salamon555 » 13 Jun 2015, 17:51

I have chronic constipation lead me to an anal fissure , it is the most painful feeling that I'm experiencing in my life. Especially after every bowl movement, without exaggerating. It's like I'm passing broken glass, with blood in the stool. The major pain last several hours. My doctor referred me to a surgeon, who prescribed me some Nifedine 2%, lodic 1.5 %, plus stool softener , and he told me after a month, if it didn't heal he will do surgery. It would take him 20 minutes. Nothing seems to help me. I am very frightened if the surgery will not be successful , and I don't know how the procedure will go. Please if there is any help or information,it would be most appreciated . Thanks a lot
Last edited by salamon555 on 18 Aug 2015, 12:00, edited 1 time in total.
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Re: Please help me

Postby chachacha » 13 Jun 2015, 19:23

So sorry to hear that you're suffering so much (as so many of us have), but finding this forum was a good thing. You can go to the home page and scroll down to the "Success Stories" category and read about the experiences of others (including me) who have already had the surgery. If you also go to the home page and click on the category "LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?", you will also find stories about others who are still considering the surgery or are having complications afterward. You can also reach the "General Anal Fissure Discussion" forum from the home page and try to read as many posts as you can, so that you can see how varied peoples' experiences are and how they are treating and/or living with, their fissures.

Welcome to the board.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby salamon555 » 13 Jun 2015, 20:42

Thank you very much chacha for the replay and advice Im really worries about my condition but people like you makes differences that s so sweet and thank you again
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby chachacha » 13 Jun 2015, 21:07

You're welcome, and I hope that you can learn a lot by reading some of the posts on this board.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Sufferingbadly » 13 Jun 2015, 21:18

I had gotten my first fissure from constipation also. I was also put on nifedipine and lidocane. I didn't use the lidocane because it didn't help much with the pain at all. And the nifedipine will help you in the long run so use it as directed and don't stop using it! I myself used coconut oil to keep things moist down there. My biggest help through all my pain and suffering was to keep very hydrated and to NOT bulk my stools. But definitely the softer the better. Miralax is a life saver!! I do recommend it over your normal stool softner. I drink mine with a small glass of warm milk. Be sure to stay away from spicy foods, nuts, seeds, things that can irritate your bum. I really hope you don't have to have surgery and that you can just follow a strict lifestyle to help yourself heal. Be sure to clean yourself very well after every BM. Also sitz baths can help sooth the pain after a BM so that your bum doesn't spasm as much. I wish you the best!! And remember, this is going to take a lot of time to heal so just be patient and stay as positive as possible!
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby salamon555 » 16 Jun 2015, 14:05

Thanks alot Suff. , I ll have an app tomorrow with my CRS will see what he is going to suggest even though giving up for surgery i still using all kind of cream i have been searching on the net like wheatgrass ole vera ... but it seem no hope ...
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 16 Jun 2015, 15:44

Is your stool softener working? Are you still having problems with constipation?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 16 Jun 2015, 17:00

I get very confused coz when my BM came out the first part is hard then the last become soft , about the constipation not as bad as before however im changing all my diet alot water fiber juices .
now im hoping if somebody already has had LIS can give me any advice it will be appreciated
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 16 Jun 2015, 19:03

I had LIS 7 months ago. What would you like to know?

When do you take your softener and what kind are you taking? Do you drink a lot of water with it?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby salamon555 » 16 Jun 2015, 20:51

I take stool softener (Docusate Sodium) 100mg twice a day and natural fiber 100% Psyllium once a day of course with alot off water , coz i drink almost 3 litters a day including prune juice apple juice etc , like i said before always the first part (3 inch) of the bm is hard but the rest is soft . really dont know what s going on
please my friend since you already have had surgery LIS tell me the chance of succeed ?how it went for you , what is the risk and how you feel now after surgery?. and finely what is your advice according to your experience ? thanks alot
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist