Fissure healing?

Roller coaster coming to a complete stop?

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

Re: Fissure healing?

Postby msimon » 20 May 2015, 12:22

A thrombosed hemmie! Arg. I hate those things (not that anyone wouldn't, lol)! My previous comments on the hot compresses are what saved me from those things. The heat helps to dissolve the clot. Witch hazel pads (I think this is in Tucks) left on for a while are good because they are an astringent and will pull some swelling out. When I got one I would spend a lot of time laying on my stomach or side and tried to minimize being on my feet for long as it would make it swell. The nifedipine is a really good idea as spasms would prevent blood flow and delay healing. I have actually read studies where this ointment was used specifically for a thrombosed hemmie. Of course the main thing is time. I usually find the first week to be the worst and it mostly resolved by 2 weeks with my treatments. Of course, the constipation has to be resolved. I hope the miralax works for you. Are you breastfeeding?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby Sufferingbadly » 21 May 2015, 22:51

Yes I am breastfeeding! And I really don't want to have to stop. I'm doing hot and cold rotation now. It helps a lot!! I only went to the bathroom once yesterday, so I was deathly afraid today's BM was going to be a hard one but it was the perfect texture!!! Yay!! And then I didn't feel the urge all day which I started to think to myself, ok if I don't go again (cos I normally have a BM twice a day) then I'm going to be worried! So I went and just sat on the toilet, for maybe two minutes. FINALLY my body started to do it's thing and I had a BM. It was a good texture and to be honest... It felt like I was pooping like a normal person again! I was so happy but I know better than to get ahead of myself. I know all it takes is one time to mess it all up. Plus I still feel the thrombossed hemmie back there, although today it didn't feel AS bad. I haven't been doing much.. I try to walk around but I don't really sit. I lay on my side a lot. I'm hoping miralax will be my final answer to make me OFFICALLY heal from all this. I'm just hoping that once I'm healed, I can go back to eating rice! Rice is seriously my number one fav food!! That along with spicy foods! (Everything I can no longer have) :( anyway... I'm optimistic and praying for the best.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 5

Postby Sufferingbadly » 24 May 2015, 22:30

Anyone ever feel like they have totally healed, like every BM was totally painless and your bum felt back to it's old self again and then for some reason had a constipated BM and turns out you weren't healed? Cos I'm feeling like I'm completely healed yet I'm still super afraid.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissurefrustration » 25 May 2015, 09:28

hey Suffering,

yes I get to that point occasionally - the healed tissue is so thin and vulnerable that it only takes one little thing to rip. Fear is a huge contributing factor to a re-tear. You know that feeling that your about to tear as the stool is slightly too big, and the first instinct is to clamp down as hard as you can down there to control it - this does more damage than good I think. its best to just breathe deeply and let it happen, have a hot tub ready for a bath. I use sudocrem before a BM which helps the new tissue too. What I'd give just to have a broken foot again, I'd take that pain over this anyday!
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Sufferingbadly » 13 Jun 2015, 21:56

Hello! Just wanted to update everyone following my diary page. Well so far so good. Since the 20th of May I've felt so much better. I've been able to go to the bathroom with no problems. I have external hemmie flare ups from time to time, and it's a very sobering reminder that I may not be fully out of the woods. Sometimes I've forgotten to drink a lot of water, but I'm soon reminded the next day that I need to drink more water! It really makes a huge difference with my bowel movements. I'm still taking the miralax. I don't take full doses. Just enough to put my mind at ease. I also still clean the area with baby wipes instead of toilet paper, and I use tucks pads. For the itchiness, I use 40%zinc oxide diaper rash cream. It really helps a lot! My skin tag felt sore and a little irritated the other day, so I started using my coconut oil suppositories at least once a day after a BM and it helped. I do still use my nifedipine, but not multiple times a day, more like once a day, (also just to ease my mind) I am trying to remind myself to not stop everything so quickly in fear of a retear. A funny thing is that in my mind, I feel like I'm 100% healed and that it's never coming back...the last thing I was to do is be naive about it...so I am still careful every day, yet living my life much happier than I was a month ago.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby salamon555 » 14 Jun 2015, 00:22

I never knew about anal fissure but I have a chronic constipation lead me to it , it is the most painful feeling i have in my life especially after every BM i m not exaggerating it feel like i m passing broken glass associated with blood in the stool and major pain last several hours , my doctor refer me to a surgeon which he prescribe for me to use Nifepidine 2% lodic 1.5 % plus stool softener , and he told me after a month if it didn't heal he will do surgery it will take him 20 minute , Nothing seems helping me . i am very frightened if the surgery will not succeed? , and I don't know how the procedure will goes . please if there is any help or information will be appreciated . Thanks a lots
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby msimon » 14 Jun 2015, 02:19

Sufferingbadly, I am so glad to hear you are doing quite well. I was wondering how things were going for you and assumed no news is good news. I totally agree with you that keeping up with your current healing program is wise for a while even after you think you are healed. It's tough to know when one is safe to taper things off but I would think that a few months would be a minimum. When do you see your CRS for a follow up?
msimon

Postby Sufferingbadly » 14 Jun 2015, 03:48

Hi Msimon! I had an appointment a week ago which was cancelled because the dr was called in for jury duty. I haven't been able to reschedule since but I am going to try to schedule my follow up for next month. What stinks is that since I had my baby only a few months ago, the dr had said that even if my hemmie problem is bad, he won't do anything for me for a year! He says they are very common after a pregnancy and they need time to go away on their own first. I think external hemmies are Just as bad as fissures. Not as painful, but equally uncomfortable.
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby msimon » 14 Jun 2015, 12:50

Jury duty! wow, that sucks. That's too bad about the hemmie thing but I do understand where he is coming from. Sounds like you have a conservative CRS, which can be a good thing. When they are too aggressive you can wind up worse in the end (pun intended). Also, if you are breastfeeding this may be affecting your GI system, which may also affect your hemmies. Doctors don't seem to like to treat hemmies if they think the cause is still there of will come back (ie., if you are planning more children). I do agree that they are very painful and disruptive to life. Have they gotten better since just after the surgery or are they still really bad?
msimon

Postby Sufferingbadly » 16 Jun 2015, 10:12

Hi Msimon! They have gotten better, they just bother me more days then others. It's funny because after posting on here the other day, I had a slight retear on one of my fissures. (I have 2 total)... I think I jinxed myself for posting on here...haha. Anyway, at least it's not too bad. There wasn't much blood and it only stung a mild amount. I'm not sure how I did it either. Now that I don't have a massive amount of pain down there, it's very easy for me to push and not realize I'm really pushing. Oops! So I took a sitz bath and had my BM this morning and it wasn't bad like I thought it was going to be. Thank goodness!! It's funny because now that I'm so aware of how fragile our bums are, when my 2yr old goes potty, he pushes so hard sometimes and is grunting, and all I can think about is OH NO!!! I really hope he never experiences anal pain. I'd be a very sad mama. Anyway I hope you have a wonderful day today. I've had no energy lately so I'm going to try extra hard to have a great day also :) .
Sufferingbadly
Proctosphincteranalogist