What should I feel inside anus please help

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

What should I feel inside anus please help

Postby Carol87 » 27 Jul 2015, 05:36

Im 28 years old and have been quite healthy. I am 8 months postpartum and had bowel issues after my delivery. There was a ball of flesh just outside my anus right after delivery but it went away within a few months. Recently I had painful constipation and that cleared up too. Now for a while I have noticed my stools are narrow. And soft. I feel like my anus doesn't open much when I try to pass stool. It opens very little hence the narrow stools. Anyway I tried inserting my finger inside and I feel a barrier. I need to push that aside to go further in. Is this how it is? What's that soft muscle I feel? The finger doesnt go straight up. I have to push that muacle aside and push my finger jnin a curved angle.

Any insight on this is appreciated because I can't go to the doctors for 2 weeks
Carol87

Topics: 1

Re: What should I feel inside anus please help

Postby Savaici » 27 Jul 2015, 07:09

:wel: and congratulations on your baby!

I would imagine at a guess that what you are feeling inside is an internal hemorrhoid, which is something common after having a baby. 

Couple of links (below) for you. One about the way the shape of the anus. As you will see, it is not straight, so feeling that there is a curve there sounds not out of the ordinary. Also another link for you on types of fibre, and all sorts of hints...

The stool could be a bit thin because you possibly are not eating enough fibre and  drinking enough water.  If you are doing all of these things, I would make an appointment with your doctor to reassure you with a check up of that area.

Another little hint on here - there is a great search function. Ignore the search on the right and go to the one under the photo at the top of the page, between FAQ and Portal. There you can search by topic. 

Feel free to ask us any more questions you may have and try not to worry.  :smilyhug:

Here are the two links:

Excellent Image of anatomy of anus
http://www.aafp.org/afp/2001/0615/p2391.html

https://thepoofairy.wordpress.com/2012/ ... -of-fibre/
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Carol87 » 27 Jul 2015, 07:31

Thanks savaici. Actually I am not drinking much water also I breastfeed my baby! The only fiber I have is a bowl of oats every morning .
But I believe this is not a hemorrhoid that I feel. Unfortunately I don't know if this is something new. Just that when I try to put the finger in straight I feel a muscle. :/ Thanks for the links I will check them out now
Carol87

Topics: 1

Postby chachacha » 27 Jul 2015, 08:42

My internal hemmorhoids are very large (about the size of half a marshmallow each and I'm talking about full-sized marshmallows). They feel like slippery marshmallows, same "oomph", and don't hurt. I could definitely see these being mistaken for a muscle, so don't discount the idea entirely. I agree that a visit to the doctor would probably put your mind at rest, and let you go back to enjoying your new bundle of joy.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19