I just realized something..

Soft stool, but VERY large quantity

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

I just realized something..

Postby jay1975 » 27 Jul 2015, 16:51

I'm actually having an OK day today. Yesterday was better than the day before, and today seems better than yesterday, so I guess that's good news...

I began an intense exercise program last January, and I intentionally increased my caloric intact. I'm already very slender, and I was worried about losing excessive weight from the exercise. I think I increased too much because I actually put on about five pounds. Also, in the last few weeks it occurred to me how extreme the amount of stool that I pass is. I have a BM EVERY morning, and it really seems like it's always a massive amount.I haven't quantified the amount by weighing it or anything like that, but at least a few times a week I'll clog the toilet from the large amount of stool. My stool is always soft, and I have a very good diet. This can't be a good thing regarding AF's. That's a lot of material and disruption going on for such a long period of time.

The reason I bring this up is because I've noticed that lots of people in this forum have cut back on their diet. I'm now thinking that it's probably a good idea to cut back with the hope of reducing the shear volume of stool that I'm passing.

Any comments or advice are welcome !
jay1975
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: I just realized something..

Postby msimon » 27 Jul 2015, 22:55

I have IBS and take a lot of things to soften my BMS and while I do have soft BMs they are large in quantity. I eat a fair amount of fibre but I did cut back when the thought of a BM made me shake and I lost a lot of weight. For that time I tried to eat a more low residue diet, that is, things that don't end up making a lot of volume but are high in nutrients. Less fibre and more things like nut butters helped me put the weight back on. I'm sure I have malabsorption that makes things so voluminous but to me it's better to have this and be regular...

Maybe you have a digestive issue?
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion