Semi success story

This may give others hope!

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Semi success story

Postby felix » 28 Jul 2015, 02:46

So I am too scared to tempt fate and post in success stories but I think my fissure is properly on the mend!! I have been on Diltiazem for 4 weeks and this has been a life changer, no spasms, no pain T all just a few odd sensations now and then... I have been too scared to stop the dolt but have noticed my sentinel pile has shrunk down to almost nothing....it may not be 100% there but I feel so much better and after all these months can see light at the end of the tunnel. Hang in there people...you just need patience and courage! :thankyou:
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 16

Re: Semi success story

Postby msimon » 28 Jul 2015, 02:51

Hooray! I hope things to continue to just get better and better. Thanks for coming back to share your positive story. We can never have enough of those!
Dec '13 Fissure from anoscope
3 X internal sphincter botox
'08-'15 Botox for pelvic floor dysfunction
Nov '14 LIS/sentinel tag removal
Feb '15 Deroofing of recurrent infection from LIS
summer '15-healed but still ongoing muscle dysfunction/pain
msimon

Topics: 64

Postby hayleyw » 29 Jul 2015, 07:11

Glad to hear you're feeling better. I've been using diltiazem cream for exactly 4 weeks today. I've noticed some improvement also. Less pain when pooping and almost no pain after the deed is done. I'm still not healed yet though. My CRS told me the cream usually takes about 6 weeks to do its thing. It doesn't help that i've had constipation lately despite eating and drinking all the right things. I blame my period. Yesterday I went to the toilet and it was very hard, lots of straining. I could feel the fissure getting sore. I even expected blood but luckily there was none. Hoping my bowel habits aren't gonna set me back again to square one.
hayleyw
Salt Bather

Topics: 8

Postby hurtinend » 29 Jul 2015, 19:56

Good news are you taking supplements to aid bm?
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52

Postby felix » 30 Jul 2015, 14:08

I am so glad that you are getting some relief with the cream. It took me a while to feel better after first getting my fissure and I am not sure if any one thing has helped or whether it has just been time and patience,
. I used nitro for 8 weeks and it did help but sort of plateaued after 8 weeks which is when I decided to switch to diltiazem. I am veggie so have always eaten lots of veg and fruit but upped this, avoided too much bread and tea, drank lots of water and started taking magnesium, 1 Teaspoon of psyllium and I tablespoon of flax oil a day. This has helped a lot, as has doing yoga and managing my stress levels a bit more. I am terrified it will come back but fingers crossed!!!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby felix » 07 Aug 2015, 05:20

Still all going well. I have had 6 weeks of no pain at all and sentinel pile is practically non existent!!! I am still using a tiny bit of diltiazem in the evenings but think this is more paychologically helpful than anything else...I am back running three times a week and, although still scared, am starting to feel like my old self again. Good luck to all and may you heal soon x
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Fissurefrustration » 07 Aug 2015, 05:41

yay!!! So glad for you Felix *happy dance*
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby felix » 07 Aug 2015, 15:01

Thanks FF, it was a long 6 months though and I really admire how you are dealing with it after all this time...I am just praying it never ever ever comes back again!!!!
felix
Proctosphincteranalogist