No more fissures -- here's my story

levator ani syndrome is serious

Please help others by posting your success story here. Tell us what worked for you, before you move on with your fissure-free life!!

Return to Anal Fissure Success Stories

No more fissures -- here's my story

Postby ryguy78 » 07 Aug 2015, 16:44

I would like to start running again, but I don't want to make my Levator ani syndrome worse. Does anyone have any experience with running and LAS?? I would like to hear about it.

Levator ani syndrome is a serious condition for me that was brought about by anxiety and ADHD. That is, I find my bottom tensing throughout the day, especially while trying to pay attention socially and make a good impression. I have bipolar disorder, and along with that comes many symptoms that make me feel unsafe around others, especially family members. My body's response to this is the chronic tightness in my rear end, and this is a recipe for anal fissures.

I no longer have anal fissures, and this is because I became aware of my tensing habits. I used manual dilation over time (finger or object) to stretch the sphincter muscle, and always use a toilet paper moistened with water to blot myself clear after a bowel movement. In order to void completely, I squat on the toilet rather than sitting. I wipe the surface below the toilet seat clean, and squat while wearing socks.

For a long time I was using witch hazel wipes, but kept experiencing little drops of blood which would cause me to "flashback" (yes, anal fissures are traumatizing and can seriously affect one's mental health). Because of this, I decided only to use water and never to wipe with dry paper; blot the area clear with water moistened paper instead.

In my travels I have had a Lateral internal sphincterotomy and Fistulotomy later I have had to take stool softeners and Miralax at times.https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Lateral_internal_sphincterotomy
ryguy78

Topics: 2

Re: No more fissures -- here's my story

Postby Savaici » 09 Aug 2015, 21:05

Welcome to the Forum, ryguy78! From your post you seem to be doing fairly well, and that's good to hear! I do not suffer from bipolar disorder, but have this in my family. I do, however, have that family anxiety thing, hence tend to stay away from anything that makes me feel overpowered. Good that you do dilation; that helped me too and I always suggest it for getting rid of those ghastly and painful spasms.

I never have used witch hazel, only water, and I don't worry about any drops of blood. Hemorrhoids can bleed quite profusely, and we all have them at one time or another.

Anyway, once again, welcome to the Forum!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222