Surgery and diarrhea?

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Re: Surgery and diarrhea?

Postby salamon555 » 25 Aug 2015, 22:19

Hi Bhill , is'nt it too soon to go back to work ??, I have been reading a lot of stories and majority of them take long time resting before start working, at least a 20 days, especially since you have had a tough surgery. In my opinion I would wait until my wound get healed . I understand that some of us have a bad financial situation, but believe me your health is more important .
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Bhill » 26 Aug 2015, 00:25

First day of work done and it was good. I did use the restroom a lot to pee but I was drinking lots of water. I was sore when I got home and rested but have the pressure of a bowel movement...just can't push it out though. Ugh . I got really stressed out and spent about 15 mins in melt down tears. I am just so mad I can't go and the pressure is killing me. It's like being on the verge of pooping yourself ! Not sure what else to do...can't take any strong laxitives right now because of work...feeling stuck (in more ways then one)
Bhill
Salt Bather

Postby salamon555 » 26 Aug 2015, 00:43

Im sorry about your pain today. take more sitz bath. Did you happen to read my post above ? I hope you get to feeling better.
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Postby Canadabum » 26 Aug 2015, 05:38

Bhill - call your doc and speak to her/him about your situation. If they can't speak ask their nurse...you shouldn't have to guess in the dark about how to handle this. I would do this asap. Let us know what they suggest.
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Bhill » 26 Aug 2015, 21:58

Ugh nothing works...the dr wasn't concerned but I am! I can't go! I feel the overwhelming urge to go but nothing! I push and push and nothing comes out. But everytime I wipe there is stool on the tp.I had the surgery a week and one day ago. They cleared me out as best they could. I went a tiny bit on Friday and a tiny bit on monday. Yesterday the urge to go was so bad I thought I would poo my pants. I run to the bathroom and relax...nothing...push...nothing. it's been like this. My tummy is so painfully bloated. I don't know what to do. I plan to call the dr tomorrow but I am tempted to go into the er again. I hate this it's so bad...I am so unhappy
Bhill
Salt Bather

Postby Canadabum » 26 Aug 2015, 22:03

Did you speak with the Surgeon or your family doc? What did they say as to why they were not concerned? Personally...I'd camp out at the surgeon's or your family docs office until they see you and help you resolve this matter. Is there someone that can go with you to help advocate -- bring them along.
Canadabum

Topics: 19