Newbie, would welcome some advice!

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Newbie, would welcome some advice!

Postby sore bottom » 30 Aug 2015, 18:58

hi my name is paul I'm sorry if this is wrong place but have trouble trying to understand this forum lol I'm a 24/25 year old male this is my second fissure in about 4/5 months and by far the most worst intense pain I have ever been through its been playing up since Wednesday it's not Sunday nite at 1 am my wife is asleep I'm down stairs as I can't sleep dose any 1 no what I mean when it feels like theirs a golf ball pushing out from inside your anal passage ?
sore bottom

Topics: 1

Re: Newbie, would welcome some advice!

Postby jlm1 » 01 Sep 2015, 19:47

Hi there!
Just wanted to say that when I have my period, the whole area gets a bit swollen and sore. I just take extra good care of myself during that time. But you are not crazy....there is definitely a connection between fissure pain/uncomfortableness and periods. I had a deep fissure, had botox and then a simple fistula surgery which is why it took me so long to heal. Things are not the exact same in that area since but I am much better and consider myself healed. It's just a very sensitive and high traffic area. I posted all over this site if you want to know more or feel free to pm me.
Have you thought of trying botox of ointment doesn't work? Botox worked for me and it less invasive than surgery. Might be worth a shot. Good luck to you and hang in there! I also have a little one and who the heck has time for this stuff?!
fissure May 2014
nitro, diltiazem
botox July
fistula surgery, piece of skin tag removed Oct
fissure declared healed Dec
currently have burning/pain-told it is nerve pain
physical therapy, sitz baths, valium suppositories
hoping I am healing
jlm1
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 22

Postby Savaici » 02 Sep 2015, 09:35

Paul, I split your post from a very old one that you were 'attached' to so that it will stand more chance of being seen!
:wel: to the forum!!!
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby itsjustme » 02 Sep 2015, 11:33

Hi Paul - I've had the golf-ball feeling as well... mine turned out to be a fistula that was swollen and protruding... It seems that I have problems fully emptying my bowels as well... I'd say check with your doc to see if there is maybe something more than just the fissure?
itsjustme
Fibre Addict

Topics: 1

Postby chachacha » 02 Sep 2015, 12:04

My internal hemmies started off feeling like that and then eventually got to grade 3, which meant that they came out and had to be returned after each bowel movement. When outside, they were actually about the size of a golf ball, so that made perfect sense (half a golf ball on each side, which when sitting in your hole would be shoved together as one).
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Fissurefrustration » 02 Sep 2015, 14:53

Hi Paul

Firstly welcome, secondly we all know your pain on here and we will help as much as we can! I myself am a 25 year old male and know how much it can affect life, I don't remember the last time I saw my friends!! if you ever need anything or a chat let me know. My biggest words of wisdom are take a bath every evening, take a sitz bath after every bowel movement. Don't do weights or strain at ALL. and finally, get checked out - it's not all fun and games having a doctor with their finger up your bum but it's best to get things sorted sooner than later as things may only get worse.

FF
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56