Longtime Problem Made Worse

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Longtime Problem Made Worse

Postby LemonPink » 11 Sep 2015, 09:32

I have had small anal fissures my entire life. I was told by my parents I had one when I was 2. Usually a small amount of pain and a little bleeding during BM for a day or 2. I had my daughter last year and came home with a beautiful baby and a fissure and hemmerhoids. They seemed to be under control but had a flair up this spring. Doctor could see a fissure and prescribed steroid cream but I hesitated in taking it since I was breast feeding at the time. That seemed to heal but this past summer I was under an extreme amount of stress going through multiple tests and biopsies for a breast lump. It turned out to be benign but I became constipated and had a huge, painful BM a month ago that resulted in the recurrence of a fissure and hemmerhoids with a little blood with BM on occasion. I am taking Metamucil and using a squatty potty which has helped a lot but it still hasn't healed.

I have another appointment with my doctor on Wednesday but I'm worried she'll want a colonoscopy. I'm in my early 30s with a lifelong history of fissures. I can feel it when I have a harder BM--it's like pooping out glass. I am trying hard to eat right and drink enough water but with my daughter running around, taking care of myself is not always my top priority. I guess I'm just scared. After going through months of testing for the breast lump I just wanted to feel normal. I hate the idea of more testing :cry: especially if it could make my fissure worse.
LemonPink

Topics: 2

Re: Longtime Problem Made Worse

Postby hurtinend » 11 Sep 2015, 14:24

Sorry

Some of us are prone to this problem. I know may folks who strain and are constipated but never have pain. Some of us have more unconscious pressure down there, something's gotta give.

I wish you the best
hurtinend
King Fissure

Topics: 52