LIS Is A-Ok

Post LIS report

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

LIS Is A-Ok

Postby LandDownUnder » 13 Sep 2015, 23:10

Hi AF Boardies-

This is my first post to the forum, however around a year ago in the 2-3 weeks lead up to my LIS, I read and lurked on this forum obsessively to the the point that I was so nervous in the operating room I was in sweats. I kept thinking of everything that could go wrong and all the potential complications etc etc.

I haven't been back to this board since the morning of my surgery, simply because everything went so well and the whole experience was textbook, and I'm so glad that I did it as it has been life-changing.

The reason I am posting now is because on a totally unrelated matter I have had major back issues with herniated discs, and once again potentially facing the knife. I once again took to the internet to try to get some insight on what was wrong with me and what to expect, and all I was reading and have been reading has been horror stories.

I then realised that I myself never bothered to come back to the forum and contribute with my own story to add to the success stories that are usually the norm.

My heart truly goes out to to the many of you here and elsewhere who are still in pain or suffering from complications. If If it wasn't for my current experience with my back, I'd say that AF's are the worst pain imaginable, but I hate to tell you, it isn't ;)

So here I am! Telling you that my LIS was okay. Most people's LIS' are okay, and yours probably will be too. Just hang in there and stay brave. You'll be okay and will heal in time.

-j
LandDownUnder

Topics: 1

Re: LIS Is A-Ok

Postby chachacha » 14 Sep 2015, 08:12

Sorry to hear that you're now suffering on the back front, but thank you so much for returning and sharing your LIS success story. I had a fabulous one in January of this year and it was also the best decision that I ever made. Good luck with your upcoming surgery.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19