6 months...what to do??

Feedback greatly appreciated...Scientist :)

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

Re: 6 months...what to do??

Postby Scientist2516 » 19 Sep 2015, 13:43

Hi msimon and canadabum, I'm so happy to read that you both are healed (albeit sceptically). I've got to say, I think it was a full two years for me between initial tearing and feeling fully healed. My healing was sceptical too, for a long time. I think I've felt fully healed (to the point where I don't worry any more) for around........6 months? I don't know exactly. Anyway, yes, the odd feelings and twinges can persist for many weeks, but they go away eventually.
And the awakening - yes! It is glorious to have my life back. It's fabulous to be exercising again. I know my body hasn't been through the ravages that yours has, msimon, but the fissure took its toll, and I lost a lot of fitness and stamina which I'm recovering gradually.
I'm not around here much any more, but sometimes I miss you guys and wonder how you are doing. So glad to get some good news!
Nifedipine/lidocaine, no help
Diltiazem, effective, but caused major rash
Nitroglycerine, effective.
Topical estrogen for final healing.
Gentle heat to bottom - pain relief, muscle relaxant
Kondremul mineral oil
Time - lots of time.
Status - Healed!
Scientist2516

Topics: 16

Postby owmybum » 20 Sep 2015, 14:07

Canadabum... That's fantastic news, I'm so pleased for you!

My pelvic floor nurse said movicol was perfectly safe to use long term, and that it was an inert substance that just passes through drawing water into the bowel. It is not absorbed by the body. I'm the same age as you... And she had no reservations about me staying on it for life.

Here's to your new lease of life!!

OMB x
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Canadabum » 20 Sep 2015, 21:28

Scientist -- can't tell you how great it is to hear from you. Thank you so much for the perspective on the amount of time this may take. I am at the 11 month mark...and have decided I need to be easier on myself and not expect miracles each day. I always felt that my experience was pretty one to yours and have always deeply appreciated your thoughtful insight and willingness to share your experience.
I am very glad to hear that you are reclaiming your life...well deserved! no doubt you are able to relish each experience in a new context.
I always took great comfort from your advice and words of wisdom and I know so many on this board owe you so much...I specially...I certainly leaned on you during some of my most difficult days and really don't have enough words to say how thankful I am to have met you on line...so I will say a couple - thank you. If you ever find yourself in Toronto Canada please look me up....that goes for any of you fellow fissure fighters...I owe you and others a really good dinner...and I promise it won't be just steamed veggies ;)
Wishing you all the best in health and happiness.
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Postby Canadabum » 20 Sep 2015, 21:35

OMB - you are very sweet to check in...thank you!! I really appreciate your kind words.
Thank you for the info on Movicol (restoralax here) - that is excellent to know. I have found it really helpful to take...specially on days where I may have eaten a little worse than normal...so it is great to learn that so many professionals seem ok with extended use.
How are you...I hope you are finding more good moments in your days and are experiencing some healing.
You (and others) have really helped make this difficult journey so much easier...it is wonderful to have a fellow traveller. The offer for dinner is extended to you if you ever find yourself in Toronto...
Be well and keep us posted.
All best,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 23 Sep 2015, 22:01

Hey all...I'm doing ok but for full disclosure had a tiny bit of blood this morn. My movement was a bit harder as I am trying to limit my miralax. It is a bit discouraging being told you are healed and then this...I am going to pretend it didn't happen and keep chugging forward.

All best - C B
Canadabum

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here