Had LIS survey 9/16-- pain today

LIS surgery

Are you having, or have you had a Lateral Internal Sphincterotomy (LIS)? Please share your experiences here, or ask any questions.

Return to LIS - Considering surgery or already had it?

Had LIS survey 9/16-- pain today

Postby Jalex » 20 Sep 2015, 11:00

Hello everyone. I've been dealing with fissure pain for close to 5 months now, tried the topical solutions with no relief so my CRS recommended surgery. I had my LIS surgery with skin tag removal on Wednesday, 9/16 and was pleasantly surprised about the only small amount of discomfort the first day. Had my first BM on Friday with very little pain. I've since had a BM Saturday and this morning. This morning it was a little more painful, and the pain now is the worst it's been since surgery. They have all been soft BM, and I had a little diarrhea today. I've been managing with just ibuprofen, but am considering taking a Percocet today because I am very uncomfortable. I am feeling a little discouraged, because the post surgery pain has gotten worse as the days have passed not better (still not as terrible as presurgery but close). Has anyone had a similar experience? I know it has only been 5 days so maybe I am being a little impatient, but was hoping to be further along. Could the pain be from the skin tag removal site? Any advice / information anyone can provide about your own experience would be helpful. I am currently taking a fiber supplement, stool softener, and ibuprofen. Was told to hold off on any topical medications. Thanks in advance!
Jalex

Topics: 1

Re: Had LIS survey 9/16-- pain today

Postby chachacha » 20 Sep 2015, 13:15

I had a very successful LIS in January of this year, but have had diarhhea twice since then. Both times, I had pain in the anal area afterwards, for several hours. Watery stool is acidic, and can seep into a wound (any of them, in your case), so I personally would not be alarmed by what you are experiencing now.

I hope that things improve for you quickly and that you will keep us posted with regard to your progress.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby Jalex » 20 Sep 2015, 18:13

chachacha wrote:I had a very successful LIS in January of this year, but have had diarhhea twice since then. Both times, I had pain in the anal area afterwards, for several hours. Watery stool is acidic, and can seep into a wound (any of them, in your case), so I personally would not be alarmed by what you are experiencing now.

I hope that things improve for you quickly and that you will keep us posted with regard to your progress.

Thank you for your response! Did you experience any persistent nausea after surgery? I'm day 4 after surgery and still feeling very nauseous. My stomach also feels very upset. I thought the nausea from surgery would be gone day after surgery, but still experiencing it.
Jalex

Postby chachacha » 20 Sep 2015, 18:59

No, I didn't have any nausea, but everyone is different. Maybe your system is just very sensitive to the drugs that they used. Also, you could have a bug of some sort, that's just co-incidentally happening right now.

Fingers crossed that things get better soon, and that tomorrow will bring improvement on all fronts.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19

Postby salamon555 » 20 Sep 2015, 19:20

Hi Jalex , me too I had LIS and 3 skin tags removal on the 3rd of this month (17 days po-op) and I still have some sharp pain but not as bad as the fissure , also I dot want to scare you or discourage you because we are different , on the day 11 unfortunately I developed a fistula it was extremely painful and I have had my second surgery fistulotomy so please be careful and watch for any sign of infection , on the other hand I have been reading a lot of success LIS stories and it doesn't take them too long to get back to normal life . I wish for you a speedy recovery
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7

Postby Jalex » 20 Sep 2015, 19:32

salamon555 wrote:Hi Jalex , me too I had LIS and 3 skin tags removal on the 3rd of this month (17 days po-op) and I still have some sharp pain but not as bad as the fissure , also I dot want to scare you or discourage you because we are different , on the day 11 unfortunately I developed a fistula it was extremely painful and I have had my second surgery fistulotomy so please be careful and watch for any sign of infection , on the other hand I have been reading a lot of success LIS stories and it doesn't take them too long to get back to normal life . I wish for you a speedy recovery

Thank you salamon! What did you experience or notice when you developed the fistula? What were the signs of infection?
Jalex

Postby salamon555 » 20 Sep 2015, 20:34

the symptoms are chills and fever thickens puss mix with blood has a foul smelling and a red spot like a pimple hurts like hell was next to my anus , I really don't know how it happened as I was doing the right thing but I think the chance of success was not in my side , please don't get scared because my doctor told me he did 150 LIS's and this is the only second operation went wrong but it also consider as risk of LIS surgery so a chance of 1 or 2 % is very low . just keep taking your meds until the pain get subsided and follow a good diet , drink alot of water , you are going to get better
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7