Intense Unbearable Itching!!!

Any suggestions

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Intense Unbearable Itching!!!

Postby LCFBiscuit » 23 Sep 2015, 09:05

I have had anal fissure since mid-May 2015, been to the doctor several times. I haven't had much pain at all since about mid-July (was in extreme pain prior to that, had one HORRIBLE night and then pain has subsided dramatically since). I am using NIFIDEPINE gel 2% after every bowel movement (3-4x/day) and Calmol-4 suppositories in the morning, sitz baths 3-4x/day. However, 5 days ago I started having intense itching down there in my anus and just outside. I reviewed my eating habits and haven't eaten anything new, and the itching is completely unbearable between 12-5am (cannot sleep at all and soooo tired at this point). I called my CRS yesterday and spoke to her, she's out of the office until Friday so I can't go see her for another 3 days. I don't know what to do. My family and I lived in Germany for a number of years and over there they use Penaten creme for everything. It's just basically zinc oxide. So I've been putting that on my anus and just outside. But the itching isn't due to being wet or dirty, so no idea how else to combat this before I go absolutely BONKERS!!!!!!! :sadd:

When I scratch down there I am in complete ecstasy, it feels so good because it itches so much. But then when I stop I'm in pain from scratching it. I try my hardest not to scratch it but it's so hard at nighttime when I wake up feeling like I have poison ivy or something down there and my hand just goes down there to scratch before I realise what I'm doing. Has anyone experienced this with anal Fissure and any suggestions PLEASE! I also have anti-histamine pills but that doesn't seem to help much and makes me even more tired than I already am from not sleeping anyway.

Please HELP!!!!!
LCFBiscuit

Topics: 2

Re: Intense Unbearable Itching!!!

Postby Savaici » 23 Sep 2015, 19:07

Unfortunately, sometimes Nifedipine can cause itching after a period of time, and this might be the culprit. I know it's probably difficult, but possibly try stopping it for a few days until you see your doctor and can possibly be prescribed something else instead. Better by far than an infection through itching. Use a Sitz Bath to soak.

Also, here are a few posts to look through on here with the topic of 'itch'. Might help!

search.php?keywords=Itch&terms=all&author=&sc=1&sf=titleonly&sr=posts&sk=t&sd=d&st=0&ch=300&t=0&submit=Search
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Re: Intense Unbearable Itching!!!

Postby chachacha » 23 Sep 2015, 19:10

And maybe you could call your CRS's office again and explain your situation. The staff there might be able to suggest something that you can do short-term while you wait for your appointment.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Topics: 19