11 months..and counting

A place for you to keep a record of your healing or surgery.

Return to Diaries

11 months..and counting

Postby Canadabum » 26 Sep 2015, 07:08

Given I am no newbie anymore I ha e decided to move to the diary section. To see my full story I began posting under 6 months...what to do.

So on September 16 I was given the all clear and healed diagnosis...then on the 23rd I had a tiny amount of blood...I decided that I would ignore. Now today I had blood again...this time more and bright red on the stool. Ugggggg, what is going on!!! I am still eating well, not using creams and take about a quarter dose of restoralax daily. No pain at this point..so thankful for that. Anyone have any thoughts or insight? Can scar tissue bleed like this or do people think this is a retear. For as much of a veteran of this I am...when this sort of thing happens I feel really in the dark,,,and frustrated.
Hope you are all well.
Best,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Topics: 19

Re: 11 months..and counting

Postby chachacha » 26 Sep 2015, 08:21

Hemorrhoids bleed too, and internal ones don't usually cause pain. Maybe that's your issue right now? I hope that you have not had a re-tear.
Fissure since about 2007
Fissure diagnosed in 2011
Diltiazem for two years - didn't work well
LIS January, 2015
Hemorrhoidectomy December, 2017
chachacha

Postby mein_hintern » 27 Sep 2015, 08:42

Hi Canadabum,

Sorry to hear that. I am 13 months and counting. Every time I see blood it heralds the return of the fissure, so I'd probably go back on a cream before the pain returns. That's just my experience. Hope you have a different outcome. All the best!
mein_hintern
Fibre Addict

Topics: 3

Postby Canadabum » 29 Sep 2015, 15:45

Here's the update (for myself so i remember and for any of you who might learn from my experience)...i right away increased wanter and fibre (not too much fibre), made sure to take baths and go swimming and am using niphedipine twice a day...and the most important, have increased my miralax to more like 3/4 to a full dose for the past couple days....and voila, the agitation, slight pain and thankfully the blood is gone. I had a couple days of not feeling great and now am back to feeling pretty good.
In retrospect...I wonder if i was feeling some slight muscle spasms down there in advance of the blood...
I am hoping to see my regular gp in the next week or two to discuss miralax, healing, scar tissue etc and will let you know what i learn from that appointment.
The delicate balance is in order again....thankfully. Thanks for all your feedback.
Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 18 Oct 2015, 13:30

Hey All -- So I have just celebrated my 1 year anniversary of the onset of my fissure....yay??

Since my last post I have continued on the miralax, am taking a half dose each day and splitting it up in the morning and evening. I make sure to drink 1-2 litres of water and to eat well.

I have no pain, no blood -- just a sense of some discomfort from time to time and a general awareness of that region when i sit.

I am using no creams and no potions these days...just the miralax, water and using step stools when i am in the washroom for good potty positioning.

I am hopeful that my issue is simply strengthening my scar tissue to a point where it can handle life without miralax...my intention is to wean myself off miralax in the coming months...I will keep you posted.

Hope you are all well,
Canadabum
Canadabum

Postby Severelydepressed » 26 Oct 2015, 07:31

Hi Canadabum,

I'm so glad to have found and read this and follow your journey! CONGRATULATIONS on the 1 year anniversary!!!!!
I can only hope to be where you are in the future. I have seen many of your replies and advice throughout the forum and you radiate such a positive aura. I am almost sure this played a huge part in your getting better. I just started on MiraLax today as I see a lot of people have done well with it...so I will see how that goes for me.

I will continue to follow your postings and wish you continued success in your recovery. Thank you for everything.
Severelydepressed
VIP

Topics: 9

Postby Canadabum » 02 Nov 2015, 16:30

I hate even writing this....because like most of you i just want to be done with this already...but another set back.

On Oct 30 I had a BM that was not even so large and not even so hard...just felt at first a bit of a pinch and a scrape sort of feeling...and on the wipe saw a small amount of blood. Then there was a bit more (quite little really) on cleanup.

That was on Friday...it is now Monday and my bottom is still sore from that setback...though no more blood.

I have kept with the miralax at a half dose a day but upped it on the day after just a bit.

Sorry...I have to vent a bit....WTF!!! I really did not want this to happen. My surgeon told me i was "healed"...ugggh.

So -- I would love some advice from veterans and others -- am i delusional in thinking that I will heal completely...is this something that will happen to me on and off for years and years until i find myself with a serious case again...any thoughts? I am no where near severe pain -- but wondering if someone like me should consider surgery just to have it dealt with once and for all -- or should I not go down that path while the pain is minimal.

As some of you know I try my hardest to keep a positive attitude about all of this -- but it is hard and discouraging at times.

I am hoping that one month soon I will be blood free for an entire month...then build from there...

Any and all advice/feedback welcome.

Thanks all - CB.
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 12 Nov 2015, 07:12

Had a tough stressful day yesterday and was not on top of my drinking...had a bit of a harder stool...and had a tiny amount of blood. Not pleased to say the least...not in pain but just not sure what to do at this point. Ucchhhh.
Canadabum

Postby Canadabum » 18 Nov 2015, 10:05

So today I am renaming myself from Canadabum to just bummed. Two days ago for some reason i dont know i had a bunch of loose stool that aggravated me, yesterday i ate well and drank lots of water and had a half dose of miralax....and this morning woke up to a slightly harder than normal movement....and a small amount of blood.

My frustration is that i continue to bleed a bit when it is a bit harder -- even though the doc told me i was "healed". Has anyone else had this experience. I am at a bit of a loss as to what I can do to best deal with this. Any input welcome.

bummed
Canadabum

Postby salamon555 » 18 Nov 2015, 22:20

I think it is going to be some days down and some up the same as myne , even I had LIS then fistulotomy almost after 2 and half month my CRS told me that my fissure is healed but still sometimes have some hard stool with discomfort . dont worry body you are doing the right thing just hang in there .Thx
salamon555
Proctosphincteranalogist

Topics: 7