Pain while having BM !!!

What to do with the pain while having a BM?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Pain while having BM !!!

Postby Gi231 » 06 Oct 2015, 12:53

Hello everyone I'm new to this forum and I recently discover that I have internal hemerroids and an anal fissure :(. I'm only 21 and it's making my life miserable.

The only time that I have pain is usually while I'm using the bathroom and I usually avoid using the bathroom when I have to go until I can't hold it no more. I cry every time I'm using the bathroom because I can't tolerate the pain :( I'm crying just writing this because I just want the pain to go away !

I was using nifedipine 2% at first and it stopped working. I just got prescribed rective 4% and I just put some in internally ( because I have to go to the bathroom badly ) I know rective says only use every 12 hours but does it work before a BM ? Does it make it less painful while passing one ?

Help please I feel so alone :((( :cry:
Gi231

Topics: 1

Re: Pain while having BM !!!

Postby jay1975 » 06 Oct 2015, 13:50

Hey Gi231,

I'm assuming that the main source of your pain is the fissure, and that the hemorrhoids are secondary.

I think the most important thing is to get some healing going. As for pain, I've found that it's important to stay ahead of the pain. When my pain was at its worst, I would take 600mg Ibuprofen about one hour BEFORE going to bathroom, and then another 600mg about 6 hours later.

I know the medications you're using are supposed to be helpful, but it seems that they wouldn't be very helpful unless you also make other changes. Here's what worked for me:

1. Switch to high fiber diet.

2. LOTS of water. Especially at night. I drink lots of water before bed, and I also wake up several times at night and chug even more water.

3. Gummy Fibers, I take 6 to 8 of these every day, all before 3PM:
http://www.amazon.com/vitafusion-Fiber- ... ll+gummies

4. Docusate Calcium: I take 240mg right when I wake up, and another 240mg at bedtime:
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B003H5 ... 011&sr=8-2

5. Bowel Movements: Even though the pain is really bad for you, I think you're making things worse by "holding it in". I also used to do this. Now, I go whenever I need to go. I really think it's far better to have several smaller BM's than it is to have one really big BM. I can't stress this enough. In the past my BM's were really huge, and all that stretching and trauma was far worse than what several smaller BM's would have been.

Basically, what you want to do is to convert your body into a "soppy water drenched sponge" so that everything inside passes right on through with minimal trauma.
jay1975
Salt Bather

Topics: 12

Re: Pain while having BM !!!

Postby Deleted User 4536 » 06 Oct 2015, 18:39

have you changed your diet? personally i was drinking lots of water and eating a high fibre diet and cut out all the bad stuff. yet still the first part of my stool was hard!! it kept ripping into the fissure. then a user told me on here to try magnesium tablets. and so far it's been working for me. so try that for now if you haven't already.

none of the prescription creams worked for me so i put extra virgin olive oil on a cotton pad and dab it on the area. it helps.

also don't hold your poo in, the longer you hold it in, the bigger and harder it gets!!
Deleted User 4536