Scar tissue

What do you put on or do to help with scar tissue

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Scar tissue

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 14 Oct 2015, 07:43

Like all of us I have scar tissue from surgery in there. One particular scar is causing me the most trouble though. It was from the removal of a thrombosed hem in June.\it sits at about 7oclock just on the analverge. I find some days worse than others, depends what I do, walking, sitting etc. Walking really irritates it so atm cant walk very far. Also I think it reacts to what is "sitting" next to it internally.

Anyone found any help with this problem?
Deleted User 4175

Re: Scar tissue

Postby owmybum » 18 Oct 2015, 10:04

I just keep the anus moisturised with a barrier cream/ baby cream. Something with the most natural ingredients.
fissure after hem banding and tag removal feb 11
Pelvic floor therapy
Diltiazem
Botox June 13
Nitro
Internal flap July 14
EUA and polyps removed Nov 14
Diagnosed with neuropathy Jan 15
Diagnosed with HS EDS type 3 (causes poor wound healing )
owmybum

Topics: 42
Mood: UGH !

Postby Fissurefrustration » 18 Oct 2015, 17:16

I'm struggling with it too... I'm finding baths are the only thing to give me some relief to relax the tissue

Ff
Suffering since June 2013

Methods tried:
GTN cream - migraines!
Manuka Honey / Coconut oil / Aloe
tag excision X 2, botox x 3
Dilatiazem
dilatation 2 X daily + Retin-C Vitamin Scar Treatment Oil 2 X daily - best thing ever.
Now pain free 2/7/21
Fissurefrustration

Topics: 56

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 20 Oct 2015, 09:14

Does anyone know if it will get softer or more flexible with time? I am keen to keep the area free of creams as I have weaken skin internally. Someone on this site has had good results with dilation but I wonder when it is safe to introduce dilators to scar tissue?
Deleted User 4175

Postby Savaici » 20 Oct 2015, 09:36

Hi copycats, do read Suzyljank's post, to which I have provided a link. She had double flap surgery. Many of her posts are worth a read. Search by topic (use the search between FAQ and Portal).

dilation-after-surgery-t6976.html
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 22 Oct 2015, 09:39

owmybum I was thinking of using coconut oil just on the outside and hope it disappears a bit inside! Would that be ok? I am allergic to everything!
Deleted User 4175

Postby Savaici » 22 Oct 2015, 09:59

If you read Suzy's post, you will see that she has scar tissue too (if I remember correctly) copycats.

I am allergic to most things too and found that coconut oil stung like hell when I used it. I would definitely try out a very tiny amount on the outside before anything.

Scar tissue is a pain (!) and seemingly unavoidable...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Deleted User 4175 » 22 Oct 2015, 10:26

SavaIci. Thank you, yes Suzy's experiences are similar to my own. A lot of people on here refer to an A & D ointment. Is this a US product? I am from the UK. I feel I am so limited with barrier creams and have wanted to keep it all natural but after just one hour of gardening two days ago I have inflamed the area at the old wound (hemmeroidectomy) and feel like I have the thrombosed hem all over again. (I don't, I have checked). Warm sitz baths help but I worry about too much moisture weakening the skin too. Actually I worry about everything! Diazepam helps a lot!
Deleted User 4175