My First Anal Fissure?

Pain and blood for a couple of months.

Please come in! Start your own personal thread, tell us a bit about yourself...and your fissure, of course. Welcome!

Return to New to the forum? Introduce yourself here

My First Anal Fissure?

Postby FiscalAnalysis » 06 Nov 2015, 14:34

Thank you for having this forum. What a blessing to have a group of people want to read your TMI and help you through. I made a silly username to keep myself unaffiliated with my usual online presence (hopefully you guys understand that desire) and a play on the term anal fissure.

As a nickname...? Uh.. we can use one of my other nicknames, Mir.

I am a woman of 21 years and a couple months ago i think something down stairs tore. Sometime soon after I saw pink on my TP and it generally has been reddish ever since. A few days ago it bled a lot more than usual after a BM that felt as painful as usual. I saw blood in the water first and I thought, "shit, my menstrual cycle started way off schedule!" that's how much, but no, it was my poor, poor bum.

basically a BM feels like I am passing a large piece of glass. And after time passes and it feels like it has healed a bit, I will be having another BM, being patient and letting it take its time (which almost feels worse?) it will feel all fine and dandy until I feel that sucker burst back open! It's literal torture.

this morning the pain was different. I didn't feel that "burst" moment but my bowel was too thick one point not to push, and when I did so it was just a horrible stretching feeling. So I'm hoping that means progress? Not getting my hopes up though.

what I would love help with is the torturous itching. Let me tell you something about me: I already have sensitive skin (I have this condition called dermatographia) and how this plays a part is that when I even so lightly scratch or put pressure on my skin, it becomes an itch fest. Anywhere on my body. Anywhere. And so with the itch associated with the fissure, there is no way to 'relieve' it without entering hell. What can I do? I've read coconut oil helps so I've bought some organic and have tried it once or twice. Should I continue? What else should I do?

i didn't know what I was getting into. I thought it would just heal, like the body does. After reading people here take months to years to possibly never to heal, to resorting to surgery, to having permanent ramifications, I'm so disenchanted. I can't afford doctors and surgery right now. I can pretty much get myself to an urgent care or the planned parenthood health clinic when I need something (uti usually) and my state welfare type insurance pays for it. can they do anything to help me? If so, how and what? Should I go? Do they have to inspect my ass? Because if so I'm not going. Lol
FiscalAnalysis

Topics: 1

Re: My First Anal Fissure?

Postby Savaici » 07 Nov 2015, 14:34

:wel: to the group. Sorry your skin plays up, so to speak. Can definitely emphasize as have awful skin problems myself/basal skin cancers that never stop coming up the older I get...

You have all the symptoms of an anal fissure. Will give you the info for searching on here for any bum related ailment at the bottom :lol: of the post.

Your fissure can still be caught without surgery, as it's still just at the edge of acute (before turning chronic). You need to tell whoever you see that you are sure you have an anal fissure (nobody examined me in about six dr visits...) and can they prescribe either Diltiazem or Niedipine or Nitro ointment/cream. I had to have mine different than the usual prescription as was allergic to lidocaine(!). Nitro can give headaches. You use one of the three for at least 8 weeks and hopefully this will get rid of it. Also invest in a Sitz Bath and soak as much as possible to bring blood flow to the area. Spasms of the involuntary anal sphincter cut off blood circulation to the area, and good blood circulation is what you need. So if you have a bit of blood (pink) with your BMs that is usually nothing to worry about.

Anyway, hope this helps for now. Use the Search as in my post coming up below. It's very useful. Come back and let us know how you're doing, feel free to rant, etc....we know where you're at, believe me :affraid:

:goodnews:

If you search on the group, use the Search that you'll find above (between FAQ and Portal), just under the information about the forum. There you can search by Topic, and other ways, which makes finding posts much easier. Ignore the search on the right as it is not as thorough.  
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222

Postby Shania213 » 07 Nov 2015, 14:50

Hi

Just thought I would say hello and welcome. Your not alone- Just by doing the above recommendation I have begun to feel some relief and not frightened as much of BM's.

The itching is on and off and haven't had blood for a week and a half so things do improve! Havent had spasms for a few days either so things do improve

:afsmile: Shania
Shania213
Salt Bather

Topics: 14

Postby FiscalAnalysis » 10 Nov 2015, 20:18

Thank you guys for the replies!

Here's an update on me. There were a handful of days where I thought I was mending. I was being very careful and gentle and it felt like during my BMs there wasn't any "glass" pain but a light stretching just before it was over. Last night it was very very painful again. And just this evening the pain was again very bad, and there was a LOT of blood, in the toilet and on my TP. A lot, and dark red. I am understanding that blood is a good sign, but it's also frightening seeing it like that. And now I am having the painful stinging/burning sensation as an aftermath.
FiscalAnalysis

Topics: 1

Postby Savaici » 10 Nov 2015, 21:26

Bleeding is common as it's a cut after all :sunny:

Do get one of the meds I mentioned in my post, as the sooner you do the better. You really don't want it to get worse, believe me. :affraid: Mine started out a mild irritation...and progressed to the sensation of a cramp in your calf to that sensation in my bum, month after month...
Savaici
Administrator

Topics: 222