Is the constipation "bar" lower for us?

Discuss any questions, problems or share your solutions here...

Return to General Anal Fissure Discussion

Is the constipation "bar" lower for us?

Postby Kari-bee » 07 Nov 2015, 22:38

Historically, constipation has never been a problem for me. The constipation that precipitated my fissure was due to major surgery, and my bm's have been relatively loose since that time. However, Friday I felt that I was constipated, and knowing this is VERY BAD when you have a healing fissure, I was worried. When I finally "went", it did not seem like the stool was extremely large or hard, so why did I have so much trouble passing it?

Also, I racked my brain trying to figure out why I became constipated. I've been so careful with diet, drinking lots of water, and etc.

I definitely have more pain today, but I'm hopeful that I simply irritated the wound without completely re-tearing.

Thanks
Karen
Kari-bee
Fibre Addict

Topics: 8

Re: Is the constipation "bar" lower for us?

Postby PainedSA » 08 Nov 2015, 00:05

I definitely think the constipation bar is lower for myself, I know a stool that my husband would pass normally could cause a retear in me so I keep my stools softer than normal to avoid this.

I think once the damage is done it's a life time worry for most of us to keep under control and any harder than normal BM can cause concern.
PainedSA
Salt Bather

Topics: 4

Re: Is the constipation "bar" lower for us?

Postby jay1975 » 14 Nov 2015, 17:38

I'm not sure about being more susceptible to constipation. For myself, I've always been high fibre diet, but I've had a history of unusually large BM's.
jay1975
Salt Bather

Topics: 12